in my Previous blogs i showed how to install the SAP HANA Server and also installing the Client tools
SAP HANA SP07 Installation
Installing SAP HANA Client on BI4.1 Server
And this is the 3rd Step is to test the Connectivity between our HANA SP07 server and BI4.1, our test will go take 2 steps
A. Creating the ODBC
B. Creating the Connection in IDT (Information Design Tool), Next blog
Start Creating the ODBC
1. Open the the 64bit ODBC
2. Click Add and Select HDBODBC from the list
3. enter the required information (ODBC Data Source Name, and HANA Server and Port Number)
4. Click Connect to Test the Connection, Enter a valid HANA username and password
5. The Connection Test says "Connect Successful"
6. Click Ok, and Again Click ok to add the ODBC Data Source to the system DSN
Now we have successfully added a new Valid HANA ODBC Connection to our ODBC System DNS, we can use this to Connect to SAP HANA from the IDT which i will show in another blog
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.