Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wajid
Explorer
Hello All,

Hope you are doing well..!!!

Recently, I had requirement for schedule the job in SM37 when second job will start once the first finished. But when you schedule two jobs with a predecessor-successor relationship (start condition "Start after job"), you can schedule the predecessor periodically, but not the successor.

The BTC_EVENT_RAISE program is now available to solve this technical problem.

In this Example, I am going to schedule the job 1 and job 2 where job2 will start once job1 finished.

Steps to be follow is as below:

Step 1) Creating an Event –> Go to Transaction code SM62   –> Select  BckProcEvnts tab  –> Create an event.

1. Go to SM62

Then provide the event name with description.

In the snapshot  above  we can see I have created an Event ‘Z_TEST’.

Step 2) Creating variant for Program”BTC_EVENT_RAISE”

Go to se38 –> Enter Program name ‘BTC_EVENT_RAISE’—> Select Variant radio Button –> Click Display

Enter a name for Variant and click ‘Create’.

In the following screen, enter the event name, which you have created in SM62 (in Step 1). In my case, I had created ‘ZTEST’ Event.

Click on Attributes, enter description for variant and click on ‘Save’

Step 3:- Create the test job in SM36 as Z_TEST1. (I have given program as RSPO0041 and variant as SAP&001).

Then again, I create the new program and given program name as BTC_EVENT_RAISE and variant as Z_TEST_25 (created in step2). Snapshot FYR.

Now i released the Z_TEST1 and then job automatically started once job 1 completed.

Reference:  https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/919458

Feel free to drop a comment on your thought for SAP Job scheduling methods.

Thanks for reading the blogs and have a safe time ahead..!!

1 Comment
Labels in this area