In Part1 of this Series we have downloaded the stack XML file and downloaded the software which are required to install a new PO 75 Java only stack. Now in this part we will go ahead and see on how to install SCS Instance.
We know the root password for the VMs.
Created a mount called /sapsw/MEDIA/PO75/ and this is accessible from pofscs00, pofdb00, pofapp01 and pofapp02.
Copy the downloaded software from SAP to the folder created in assumptions step2.
We successfully uncarred SWPM into the folder /sapsw/MEDIA/PO75/SWPM
Create mount /sapmnt and shared across pofscs00, pofdb00, pofapp01 and pofapp02.
1. Login into pofscs00 with root and goto root directory. Once we are in root create a directory called SWPM and copy the SWPM contents from assumptions step4 to this folder.
2. Run SWPM using the command ./sapinst -nogui &
3. Once you fire the above command login via Browser to the below url and say ok to the exception:
4. Login with root user and pwd in the next screen.
5. Once you logged in we are at home page of SWPM screen:
6. Now go to path: Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP22 --> SAP NetWeaver 7.5 --> Oracle --> Installation --> Optional Standalone Units --> Process Orchestration --> Distributed System --> SCS Instance
CAUTION: Be very careful to select right DB and right option.
7. Select Next in above screen. If we say Typical in next screen SAP will picks default setting. But we would like to use Custom in my landscape, so select Custom and click on Next.
8. Specify SID in my case it is POF and give the shared directory /sapmnt which we already created as per assumptions.
9. Specify fully qualified domain name in the below screen:
10. Give the Master pwd as per your company's policies in the below screen.
11. Specify sidadm password, userid and login shell in the below screen else it will give you by default the master password:
If you are not sure and would like to see what is used in existing landscape then login into current landscape and check by giving below command:
pifdb00:pifadm 51> grep pid /etc/passwd
pifadm:x:57250:5700:SAP System Administrator:/home/pifadm:/bin/csh