Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxi1555
Contributor
Hi guys,

I'm a humble integration consultant who wants to share my experience after to see all the "new features and amazing changes" included in the SAP PI B2B add-on 2.0, let me say that my first and last impression was the same disappointing, so for that reason with a couple small adjustments( seriously only 2 ) I made a better version of it 🙂 ( hopefully someone of SAP is reading this )

So what would you said if the "SAP B2B Add-on" provide the following features?:

1. Dynamic receiver determination

2. Dynamic interface determination

Let me explain the inbound processing:

Try to imagine the following EDI landscape:

1. Usage of EDIFACT

2. 1000 EDI partners

3. 20 messages types

4. 50 mapping variants per message type

5. 5 receiver EDI systems

6. The routing of the messages must be per agreement(IDs & message type)

Could you imagine the complexity of ESR & IB for this landscape?, How could you create it?.

The answer is the usage of Service interfaces with multiple operations for EDI & IDOCs,  Functional profiles and custom dynamic properties

This is a common inbound agreement defined in TPM, with the assignation of a Functional profile:

The Functional profile contains two different templates:

B2B_RECEIVERS: with the properties "RECEIVER_PARTY & RECEIVER_COMMUNICATION_COMPONENT" , this values will be used in the dynamic receiver determination

B2B_MAPPINGS:with the property "MAPPING_VARIANT" , this value will be used in the dynamic interface determination

The following screenshot demonstrate how your IB could look after the implementation of the dynamic receiver & interface determinations:

001-Inbound:You have the technical connections from the partners to your SAP PO system, so you have 1 per technical connection( nothing new here )

002-Forward messages to EDISEPARATOR:You have a unique ICO to receive all the EDI files and send to the EDISEPARATOR( nothing new here )

003-Execute mappings:Here is where all the magic happen

You have a unique ICO with a Service Interface with multiple operations (one per EDIFACT message type) with a sender communication channel who will handle all the EDIFACT message types

In the EDISeparator sender CC you must create the logic in a custom adapter module to pick the correct agreement & finally the functional profile to put the "RECEIVER_PARTY & RECEIVER_COMMUNICATION_COMPONENT" & "MAPPING_VARIANT" as a custom dynamic properties :

After that we can use those custom dynamic properties in the receiver determination step:

And of course you can use the latest custom dynamic property to execute the corresponding  mapping variant:

004-Deliver messages to Systems:You need one Receiver Agreement per receiver EDI System and use a Service Interface with multiple operations( one per IDOC ) to deliver all the IDOCs

So... How many Service Interfaces you need to handle this EDI Landscape?, 1 for all EDIFACT message types and 1 for all the IDOCs

How does it look in the A2A monitor?:

How does it look in the B2B monitor?:

Am I the only one who believe that these two features must be included in the standard "B2B Add-On" as part of the agreement in TPM?.

Not forget, be curious! 😉

Max.

Note: Same approach using CPI --> link

SAP PI B2B Add-on 3.0 – Outbound
8 Comments
Labels in this area