Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member

Hy everybody,

i'm working alot with SAP Fiori Applications (SAP UI5) and created a simple application that integrates with SAP Business Workflow.

I wanted to create a application, which allows a simple user decision kind of a question with yes/no answers. I ended up in creating a customizable application wich dinamicly creates the selection options and the to be answered question(s).

Now i would like to share quickly what i've been doing for this application & share the experience i've made.

1. Created a simple 1 step workflow - without any start events or something -> I wrote a simple 20line of code report to start a workflow instance from sap gui transaction.
  2. Created a customizing table with scenario information to determine asked question and answer possibilities.
  3. Created a  NW Gateway Service to read the customizing tables & to prcoess workflow items.
  4. Checked everything with SWIA to look at workitem container and other elements.

• I wanted to keep everything as simple as possible and with SAP Fiori and SAP Business Workflow it was really simple to achieve a simple solution.
  • The SAP UI5 framework is quite stable and after getting into it it's nice to work with it.
  • SAP Business Workflow will be my choice if i have to create business processes wich are supported by a workflow engine.
  • Programming of SAP UI5 & ABAP in Eclipse works quite nice.

How could this app be extended (What i did not implement)

• User Assignement - I did not provide a way to select the next user/org. unit. I've implemented many rules FM's and other logic to determine a user or org. unit therefore it was not a key learning i wanted to have and therefore i skipped it.
  • Attachments - I did not implement a Attachment List or any other link to a document management system. I've implemented several ICF services & multiple SAP UI5 Applications already including a document/attachment handling because of this, i skipped it in this application.
  • Business Data - I did not implemenet a kind of generic Business Data Visualization Area to display business data in a generic way. Altough with SAP UI5 and NW GW this can be easily achieved.

The end result is a simple, customizable application for generic decisions that does not require huge development efforts and that will be used in a future SAP project at our enterprise.

I wish you all a nice day.

Regards,

Michael

Labels in this area