Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
This was an ASUG webcast given yesterday.  The replay is here.  More upcoming BW/4HANA webcasts are below:

Source: SAP

SAP provides business content as a jump start.  It is very useful in developing your own content as templates.

Obtain a greater level of detail with this content.

New content is added every SP/quarter

Different scenarios for business content; Scenario A is just data sources, Scenario B includes data sources & infoobjects, Scenario C, using CONTB and CONT - predefined advanced DSO's, data flows to include queries

Content uses new modeling objects

Data sources covered include HANA EIM, Vora, - a number of ways to connect sources

LSA++

Classic LSA had mandatory layers; LSA++ persists data once and has optional layers

Corporate memory: Optional in LSA++

Built advanced DSO’s that use field-based modeling

Core EDW has InfoSources

Composite provider is virtual data mart layer

RSOR transaction to select data flow objects and it will only pull in the necessary objects

Only deliver DTP's if necessary for the content

Non-persisent DTP is not delivered with content, include as proposal

See the help here  for what is new in SP05

The above shows which content is delivered when

What is new in SP05 is QM/quality management

For PP, content is only delivered up to InfoSource

Question & Answer

Q: So infosource is not part of the future roadmap ?

A: Infosources can still be used in BW/4HANA

Q: I don't see on slide 20

A: Download slides here: https://d3v6gwebjc7bm7.cloudfront.net/event/16/03/04/9/rt/1/documents/resourceList1523300206704/bw4c...

Q: Can you share the note that says the datasources that are released on S4HANA ?

A: 2500202

Q: Is BW/4 HANA only on Cloud ?

A: It is available on-premise

Q: If source system ECC migrates to S/4 HANA? Table structures will changes in ECC right? so how about BW data sources?

A: See SAP Note 2500202

Q: Is BW/4 HANA only on Cloud ?

A: On premise - please check Marc Bernard's session at 2018 ASUG Annual Conference session: https://sessioncatalog.sapevents.com/go/agendabuilder.sessions/?l=169&sid=58725_478169&locale=en_US

Q: If you go to SOH (ECC on HANA) you would not need the COPA accelerator anymore, correct?

A: Correct

Q: How do the extractors 0FI_ACDOCA_10 and _20 fit in?

A: They directly reflect the ACDOCA table used in S/4HANA. However, currently there is no content for it yet on BW/4 side.

Q: Can you shows us the data flows for GL?

A: These are in the slides here: https://d3v6gwebjc7bm7.cloudfront.net/event/16/03/04/9/rt/1/documents/resourceList1523300206704/bw4c...

Q: So the dilemma is how BW/4HANA can help a S/4HANA client and I don't see compelling options for client. BW/4HANA can only best serve ECC based client today

A: Not sure why come to that conclusion; extractors with ECC can be used with S/4 - and thousand CDS and BW/4HANA can connect those CDS as datasource using ODP- lots of opportunity

Q: Client on BW on HANA in B4H Mode vs BW/4HANA - what will they loose or gain in comparison?

A: If running BW7.5 and added add-on, and now run B4H, it doesn't allow you to use old objects; not getting new enhancements of BW/4HANA - can't use myself connection, classic DSO's, etc.

Q: Brian talked about a web site showing which CDS can be used as a data source. When would that be available ?

A: currently no fixed date for it yet. However basically you can extract through all views by adding the annotation @analytics.extraction.enabled : true

Q: For example if I can filly leverage 0FI-ACDOCA_10 I can throw all the FI/CO extrcators you shared in this slide

A: this would cover most of the FI reporting, not all, will need to check the details

Q: Does BW/4HANA also come with some CDS views?

A: Yes, the technical content is made up of CDS views

Q: You mentioned about IBP ; is it integrated on BW4HANA

A: Not exactly; with BW/4HANA have BPC11.0 is integrated. IBP is in S4 and not in BW/4HANA

Q: For views in BW/4HANA - should we use Graphical Views or go after CDS views?

A: Graphical calculation views are the modeling entities which can be used by CompositeProviders.

Q: Is there any standard S4 content for Business Objects?

A: Working on content for SAP Analytics Cloud

Please join ASUG for this upcoming related webcasts here

And, join us June 4 for Jump Start ASUG Annual Conference 2018 SAPPHIRENOW with SAP Analytics Cloud/ Lumira Designer Session

See 2018 ASUG Annual Conference BI Brochure

There’s still time to join the ASUG Influence Council for SAP Analytics Cloud – read more here

What do you think of the BW/4HANA business content?  I know in the past I have made heavy use of the BW business content.
3 Comments
Labels in this area