Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
architectSAP
Active Contributor
In my previous blog post I described how to Build a SAP Data Intelligence ML Scenario with TensorFlow. In this blog post I show how to improve it based on insights from TensorBoard.

Based on the brilliant blog series Extending SAP Data Intelligence by lochner.louw2, I got TensorBoard running in SAP Data Intelligence:

When launching it for the first time, I get an error message, because there are no event files yet:

It takes only one small addition to my previous Python training code to add this though:
history = model.fit(dataset, epochs=64, callbacks=[tf.keras.callbacks.TensorBoard('/vhome/tf')])

As a result, I get my loss graphicly displayed by epoch:

As it appears, I seem to have over trained my model since it becomes unstable from around epoch 50 on. So how about reducing it to 32 epochs to be on the safe side:
model = tf.keras.Sequential(
[
tf.keras.Input(name='input', batch_size=1, shape=(4,)),
tf.keras.layers.Dense(8, name='hidden', activation=tf.nn.relu),
tf.keras.layers.Dense(8, name='relu', activation=tf.nn.relu),
tf.keras.layers.Dense(3, name='output')
]
)
model.compile(tf.keras.optimizers.SGD(), tf.keras.losses.SparseCategoricalCrossentropy(from_logits=True))
model.summary()
history = model.fit(dataset, epochs=32, callbacks=[tf.keras.callbacks.TensorBoard('/vhome/tf')])

That looks more stable and in fact, due to the added labels, I got a nice graphical representation of my model as a bonus as well:

While this is a simple example, I hope it gives you an idea how TensorBoard might help you improving your SAP Data Intelligence ML Scenario.
Labels in this area