Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had an issue today. I was doing a performance test on my new SAP PI adapter for Swift SAA SOAP. I was processing 8000 messages with a lot of logging and attachments. Which was probably not a good idea to test on the system. I was using SAPs Amazon Webservices (AWS) cloud image or a SAP PI / SAP PO system, it is intended to learn on.

I guess that you first learn it when it is too late.

I had to search for how to solve the issue, but I could not find it. I had to figure it out my self and I’ll share it.

I’m not a database expert and I’ll not in any way recommend using the approach on a productive system. I don’t even know if it is a good idea to do on my AWS image. But it solved my issues so I guess that I just need to back up my development, so I can recover data on a separate system.

The first thing I noticed was that no messages was process. I thought that it was my adapter, which did not work as expected and a thread or memory leak. So I tried to restart the system. Then I could not the J2EE  server to start. I got the following view in the SAP system administration.

I guess was that the issue had something to do with the database MaxDB. There was not delivered any visual administration tools with t he installation. Only some command line interfaces. Which is a bit difficult to get to use if you don’t know them. That is why I love GUIs for databases. They are much better at giving you information on where you need to change.

I had to search for a GUI to MaxDB but found on at

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/10454775-166d-2910-92ae-96dc44...

Installing the tool was no problem. The issue was to find the database username and password. I just had to connect to C73 with user Superdba and password Abcd1234

I have done two different things to get database online again. I guess both of the will work seperatly.

The first was to select overwrite of the log. This is done from  Configuration > Log Settings >Select Overwrite Mode for Log Area

This option may have caused me to swift the database to administration mode, but since it was not online it was no problem.

I also tried to add more log space. I guess that this just mean that I’ll get the issue later.

I must have messed up something in the MaxDB gui, sometime the gui fails to retrieve some tables.

For now my PO system is running again and I can restart my testing and developing my SAP PO Course.

Labels in this area