Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applies to: 

"This particular document will helps you in BW support project(BW 7.4 on HANA to BW4HANA), where you have an event based process chain and you don't have any clue where/how the event is triggered."

Issue: The back ground event is not triggered for Process chain ZPC_RSO_FLOW, which is in event based schedule.

Summary:

In this blog post I write down the necessary steps how to find out the unknown process chain name, where my event is getting triggered.

Author      :   Arun Kumar Natarajan

Company  :  Hinduja Tech Limited

Created on: 23 October 2019

Steps to be followed:

1.The process chain “ZPC_RSO_FLOW” is triggered by using an Event “Z_RSO_TEST” in the start variant.

2.Go to table BTCEVTJOB in SE11:

Enter Event ID Ex: “Z_RSO_TEST

This will give you the Job count details for your event.

3.Go to table “RSPCPROCESSLOG” in SE11:

Enter your Job count “04510502” as below:

Under type: set filter as TRIGGER .This will give the start Variant name of the unknown process chain where the event is used.

4.Go to table “RSPCCHAIN” :

Pass your Start variant name and get corresponding Process chain name.

5.Got to Tcode “RSPC” and check your newly found process chain:

There you can find your actual variant getting triggered in any mode.( In my case: it's a program execution calling function module 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' )

Right click on “Program Execution” and select Display variant.

Conclusion:

Event Z_RSO_TEST  is acting as a handshake between ZPC_RSO_DEFFECTS  and ZPC_RSO_FLOW.

Actual Process chain: ZPC_RSO_FLOW

Event Name: Z_RSO_TEST

unknown Process chain : ZPC_RSO_DEFFECTS

We found out the Process chain name ZPC_RSO_DEFFECTS, where the event Z_RSO_TEST is getting triggered.

Note: In my case i used program execution by calling function module 'BP_EVENT_RAISE' to trigger my event on daily basis.

I hope that this blog post is helpful for you.

Thanks a lot for reading this Blog post ?

Regards,

Arun Kumar Natarajan.
Labels in this area