Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With less than an hour to play, I thought I would take a look at the stats from College Basketball Analysis Powered by SAP Lumira & Predictive Analytics

I am slowly getting over my team's loss last weekend, that I can now recover and look at the other teams.

First, last week showed that Kansas had better stats than Stanford.  However it is difficult to take into account a key member's injury

Exchanging tweets with sam.ko2 he has some ideas on how to predict games when someone is hurt.  I look forward to seeing that in the future.

On with Kentucky (UK) and Michigan:

Because I have done similar analysis before, I simply switched out my dataset.  Note the structures have to be the same.

So I can do the familiar analysis and seems that stat-wise, Michigan has the edge (and the higher seed, 2 to Kentucky's 😎

Another visualization is shown above and note you can see the legends (Kentucky is blue, Michigan is green).

Because I want to publish to the cloud and make it public, I create storyboards.  However, the legends are now missing

But when I zoom, the legends are back :

I first noticed this the other week when publishing to Lumira cloud.  However I think it is with the storyboard.

Here are the public storyboards:

https://cloud.saplumira.com/open?key=53383366589D13ADE10000000A4E423F&type=HANALYTIC

https://cloud.saplumira.com/open?key=533835FF589D13ADE10000000A4E423F&type=HANALYTIC

Looking forward to seeing more visualizations.  Who will win?  Kentucky or Michigan?

Join ASUG in May for these upcoming ASUG webcasts (ASUG logon required):

Join ASUG in June for ASUG Annual Conference:

ASUG Preconference Seminars

Jump Start ASUG Annual Conference SAPPHIRE with a Pre-Conference Session - Back and Better than Ever

3 Comments
Labels in this area