Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronen_weisz
Active Contributor

Using the change documents for event creation is a very useful tool, there are a lot of change documents objects and you can limit them to check specific field changes, but sometimes you do not have a compatible object. you can solve this by creating a new object with a compatible key, the object key needs to be the same as the change document object key which can be seen in SWED. If there isn't a standard object, for example for classification changes (CD object CLASSIFY) then you can continue from here with the object you have created. If there is a standard object use a function module as en event receiver in transaction SWE2 and raise an event in it (by SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT) for the standard object with the correct key.

A small update (4/2015):

I didn't notice this when I first wrote this, but there is another (more simple) option, at the end of the table in SWED, you can add a function module, which enables you to change the object type and key to a different object, for example the changes of a purchase order are usually on the CD object EINKBELEG, however changes in a service line of the order are written in the CD object MM_SERVICE. In this case you do have a BOR object (BUS2012) but it is not compatible and with a different key. you can use a function module to link the changes to the desired object/class (I would give an example - but SAP already did - SWE_CD_TEMPLATE_OBKKEY_FB_2 or anyone of the other existing FM in SWED)            

Anyhow you can still create an object, although longer it still works:

Error for a standard object

CD object table in SWED

Table key

Create a new object with the same key

Event linkage now works for the new object

Labels in this area