Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arijit_das
Active Contributor

In my earlier posts, I explained how to create a blinking text component and a i-Pad like on-off toggle button for BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0. In this post, I shall describe the new add-on I developed and shared in code exchange to achieve tooltip in a label component.

While a wonderful blog by sara.g shows a simple way to achieve the same using existing components, this add-on offers provision to significantly enhance the tooltip in terms of look and feel. Initially, this add-on has only the option to manually specify the tooltip text or to bind it to a cell in the excel model. This uses the default look of the tooltip. But soon, in my next posts, I shall be enhancing the same with more styles :smile: .

Here are the features of this add-on :

General Tab:

This tab offers following options:

• Manually specify the Label text or bind it to a cell in excel model.
  • Manually specify the tooltip text or bind it to a cell in excel model.

Behavior Tab:

This tab offers dynamic visibility option for the component similar to the other existing components.

Appearance Tab:

In this tab, we have common formatting options for the label text like:

• Font family
  • Font size
  • Text decoration (bold / italic / underlined)
  • Text alignment
  • Text color

How does it look like in the canvas ?

You can find the full flex project here along with the add-on(xlx) file. Wait for my next blog for new tooltip styles.

Happy dashboarding :smile:

Labels in this area