Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

See if you can use SAP Predictive Analysis with a BI4 Universe to predict the future

In my previous blog about Predictive Analysis, now in Ramp-up, I was connecting to a spreadsheet/.CSV file.  Predictive works fine with those – but what about connecting to a BI4 universe?

Figure 1

Figure 1 shows the data readers Predictive Analysis can use.  This blog covers BI4 Universe reader.

Figure 2

After I drag over the BI4 universe reader, I need to enter the host name, user name, password and authentication

Figure 3

Figure 3 shows the authentication options to sign in to the BI4 platform

Figure 4

Figure 4 shows the familiar eFashion universe that is available

Figure 5

Figure 5 shows the familiar query panel for the Universe.  Here I am selecting year/week and sales revenue for eFashion.

Figure 6

Figure 6 shows the preview of the universe

Figure 7

I drag over the algorithm for time series.  Figure 7 shows the settings – I select forecast, in months, and the start year is 1 – I select 24 periods to project in the future.

Figure 8

Figure 8 shows the predicted values

Figure 9

Figure 9 graphically depicts the predicted values

Interested in learning more?  Sign up for this 10/24 SCN Analytics Webinar "SAP Predictive Analysis – Transforming the Future with Insight Today" - register here

The webcast is open to everyone.

Labels in this area