Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Last Monday, October 19th, after several months of planning, promoting and marketing, ASUG SAP TechEd pre-conference sessions were held.  I attended SAP Design Studio Deep Dive.  This was a hands-on session with SAP Mentor ihilgefort

I am also writing this as the second part of Catch a Mentor and Know a Mentor Missions "knowing a Mentor", in this case, Ingo Hilgefort.

Much to my surprise, the session was sold-out.  Most attendees were new to Design Studio.  For the first time that I can recall in a hands-on session, attendees were able to connect their Design Studio application using SAP BusinessObjects Mobile application - both using iOS and Android.  Usually the ports are closed at SAP TechEd sessions.

Using AWS instances, 60 people, 30 laptops, 30+ AWS instances, attendees created applications using SAP Design Studio.  The hardest part about connecting to Mobile BI was entering the CMS name.

Below is a subset of the exercises:

Configuring your mobile device

Exercise 1: Create your first SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio Dashboard

Exercise 2: Using a crosstab and chart

Exercise 3: Using a Pagebook

Exercise 4: Using a Grid Layout and ListBox

Exercise 5: Using scripting to add interactivity

Exercise 6: Creating a KPI dashboard

Exercise 7: Using Online Composition

Exercise 8: Enhancing the Online Composition Application

Exercise 9: Using Geo Map Component – Shape Layer

Exercise 10: Using the Backend Connection Component

Exercise 11: Background Processing

The materials were all new, created by Ingo himself.  This was unique content that could not be obtained during the conference.

Photo by SAP TechEd Photographer

From 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Ingo shared his knowledge about SAP Design Studio, as shown above.

Carlos Suarez, IBM, pictured left in the above, asked questions during this hands-on session.

Attendees had plenty of time to complete exercises.  Even though they were scheduled for a one hour lunch, they returned after 45 minutes.

Pictured above are Ingo and his class assistants:

Left to right:

Bhupinder Singh Chadha, Puneet Arora, me, Ingo, Shankar Narayanan S G S

In speaking with graham.robinson this week, a SAP Mentor influences the community but is also one who shares his/her knowledge; this is something Ingo did tirelessly during this session. 

Labels in this area