Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

UI on Mobile readers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i saw in the presentations some screen of the UI on the mobile readers.

My question: are these WebDynpro applications created by SAP or is it a costum development. If so, are there any documentation for that.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Ha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter!

I am using the "WebSAPConsole". This component allows you, to show SAPGUI screens on a standard internet browser (i.e. on a IPaq). I heard, that the product will no longer be supported by SAP.

In the settings of the WebSAPConsole you can call transactions like in SAPGUI. For example, you can use

/AIN/MOBILE0 for Mobile Data Entry at 8 x 40 screens and

/AIN/MOBILE1 for Mobile Data Entry at 16 x 20 screens

for packing, loading, etc. You will find these transactions in the SAPGUI under "Auto-ID Infrastructure" -> "Mobile Data Entry".

To run the WebSAPConsole, you need to install the application on a Windows 2000 Server box (<b>no</b> Windows XP oder 2003 Server box!). Additionally, a IIS (Internet Information Server) has to be installed on it (just activate it, it comes with the OS). The server for the WebSAPConsole must not necessarily be the same server as the AII server. The WebSAPConsole ships with the SAPGUI 6.40 setup disk, my basis admin told me.

The solution with WebSAPConsole works without custom development. But the interface, produced by the WebSAPConsole, is <b>really</b> horrible.

Greetings,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Just to clarify the question of whether WebSAPconsole will be supported. The clear strategy is to support WEBSAPConsole. I would say that in the longterm, it will be replaced by WebDynpro. For the current applications w/o webdynpro, WebSAPConsole is the solution.

Cheers,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim!

Thanks for the clarification on the future of the WebSAPConsole!

Is there any possibility to change the (HTML) interface, which is produced by WebSAPconsole? There is a template mechanism mentioned in the guides. But this mechanism works only with the terminal console, not with the web console. Is there something similar for the web console? If yes, is there some guide available for that?

Thanks for your help!

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

We did three different approaches to mobile interfaces accessing AII and related. We developed some custom apps using MI 2.5 to get at the information and transaction. We are working on some webdynpro approaches as well. Second, we ha a group who had customized some of the WebSAP console for warehouse management. All agree its not the future. Last, We used SAP Java GUI on laptop and customixed the login to call the moblie interface transactions mentioned. Challenge is to run that interface on a mobile/handheld device and it needs more java support/client than the out of the box Windows Mobile and other OS we have tried. I'll be interested to see others approaches and feedback.

Thanks,

Randy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

regarding the development with MI2.5, you mention about transactions. I suggest that you use these transactions for the creation of the syncbo's? Could you specify which functions or bapi's you use for the creation of the syncbo's?

kind regards,

Peter Ha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter;

We did out mobile transactions via the SAP web console using custom development. Here is some documentation from SAP Help for that:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me21sp2/helpdata/en/22/5074de1b337942a27a98f42de8f622/content.htm

Here is some documentation for the Mobile UI:

http://media.sdn.sap.com/public/html/submitted_docs/MI/MDK_2.5/content/gettingstarted/introduction/w...

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/mobile (need an OSS ID)

Cheers,

John