Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To priority up the Warehouse Order created by Pick Denial - on RF Queue

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

On the RF scanner when operators type in exception code BIDP (Pick Denial, Partial Quantity), SAP automatically creates a Warehouse Order, to fulfil the Pick from alternative Bin. However, this Warehouse Order appears as the last Warehouse Order on the Queue which the RF operator performing the Picking.

Is there any way to make this Warehouse Order appear as the next Warehouse Order on the 'Queue' , so that the picker can complete all the picking jobs for the same delivery?

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"SAP automatically creates a Warehouse Order, to fulfil the Pick from alternative Bin."

Not quite so. What the system does, is to create a new Warehouse Task.

If there is a new warehouse order, it is depending on your warehouse order creation rules. In which sequence these are processed, depends on the latest start date (first) and priority (second).

Brgds

Juergen

---

All the above is no official SAP statement.

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Extended+Warehouse+Management-EWM+in+S4HANA

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Yes, SAP creates a new Warehouse Task, and assign to the Warehouse Order. The Warehouse Order sorting rule is 'CONS' - 'Consolidation Group'.
For priority, I only know the place that is maintained with /SCWM/EXECPR - however, all the tasks on the Queue are assigned to only one Picking WPT (e.g. 2010). , Therefore, only one 'Priority' value. So I can't differentiate there.

Is there any way to sort the WT by Latest Start Date (Descending Order) or would that be the right thing to do?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, you answer does not make is easier ;-).

So, what do you get now? A new warehouse order? Or just a new warehouse task which is assigned to the same warehouse order?

If it is the second - this has nothing to do with the queue, also there is no priority or a lates start date.

The WO sorting rule CONS should not do anything (good or bad). Because all the items most probably have the same consolidation group.

But then I also do not understand your question, because why should the picker not be able to pick all the things for one delivery, if it is in one WO?

Brgds

Juergen

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your attention on this.

I dont get a new Warehouse Task assigned to same Warehouse Order. Instead, I get a new Warehouse Order with the newly created Task, generated from BIDP exception code.

Do you need me to revisit the Warehouse Order creation rule? if so, what set up would help me to assign this newly created Warehouse task to appear under the same Warehouse Order?

Thanks in advance.