Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System couldn't determine the source storage Bin

former_member658203
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I've created the warehouse task for the outbound delivery order for an item 10. But when I try to create the warehouse order, I'm getting an error message that "System Couldn't determine the source storage Bin". Could you explain me why am I facing this problem?

I've checked the customizing. It is good. There is nothing to modify. It is due to some other reason. If anyone know the solution. please suggest me a solution.

It is really urgent. I'm facing the same kind of issue for many Outbound Delivery Order.

<removed by moderator>

Thank you.

Mukkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarekKaminski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe my answer seem funny and too simple but:

1. Check your available stock (not physical) in warehouse management monitor. Maybe there are open warehouse task which blook the stock.

2. Check if your source storage bins are not blocked for picking (removal block)

3. Check if your source storage bin is assigned to the appropriate activity area and sorted.

Best regards,

Marek

former_member658203
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marek,

Thank you for your answer. I've checked in the monitor. the stock is available. As you mentioned in the second step, Do I need to block/unblock the storage bin for picking? I mean Do i need to trigger set put away block or set stock removal block?

Thank you in advance.

Mukkesh

MarekKaminski
Active Participant

You must be sure that your storage bin is not blocked for removal.

Additionally:

From your screen I see that the system searches the stock from storage types: XD00, GROT, YP50, YR01. Is your stock in these storage types? Maybe the stock is in other storage type which is not included to the search sequence. You should check your storage type search strategy.

You can also try create WT manually - you will see if the system will allow for picking.

former_member658203
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marek,

Thank you for response. I've attached the copy of message that I received.

When I tried to save the warehouse request for the creation of warehouse Order, the system throws the following error.

Can You suggest a solution for this.

Thank you.
Mukkesh

MarekKaminski
Active Participant

Could you paste a screenshot from warehosue monitor (available stock node) for your product please?

MarekKaminski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's very hard to help without access to the system.

I tried to test similar case.

Please look at screen below. I have 99 pcs of product in HU like in screen.

But my request is for 80 pcs (1)

And I have the same problem (2)

But my product is available in warehouse (in HU).

I defined the source storage bin manually and selected the HU (3).

After that the system correctly created warehouse order (4)

It's really hard to write something that would help you without checking the storage type search strategy for picking etc. Maybe something is wrong in the customizing. Maybe there is something strange in your situation in stock. Please try to contact with your local SAP-IT team.

They should help.

former_member658203
Participant
0 Kudos

Here it is

former_member658203
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marek,

Really Thanks a lot for your response.

Your answers are really meaningful.

The major problem is for most of the Outbound delivery orders, the Warehouse tasks were already completed.

When I try to Post the goods Issue only, I'm getting the error Message, either " Source Storage Bin couldn't be determined" or

"Over picking". I'd like to know the reason for this?

If possible, could you suggest a solution for this?

Thank you

Mukkesh

MarekKaminski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would really like to help you, but I don't understand it.

The error: " Source Storage Bin couldn't be determined" concerns warehouse task creation, but you wrote that you are trying to post goods issue. Goods issue is possible only when the picking is finished. Please check your statuses in header of outbound delivery. The system will allow for post goods issue only when the picking will be finished.

Fingers crossed

Best regards,

Marek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

check everything Marek wrote except this "3. Check if your source storage bin is assigned to the appropriate activity area and sorted." Sorry, but this is wrong / not necessary.

Brgds

Juergen

former_member658203
Participant

I checked your answers. Also, I've checked the application log for the issue. I'm getting the following error.

In this case what should I do?

Thank you.

MarekKaminski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check also type of stock. Maybe is other than in your request. Maybe the stock type is Q not free.

MarekKaminski
Active Participant