Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify the correct lower-level HU-Picking

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing simple Picking process with steps as Picking and staging. While picking Warehouse task created and warehouse order created. In the warehouse order I created a Pick HU . When I am saving I am getting error as "

Specify the correct lower-level HU".

My Picking HU is 5319 its as Nested handling unit. But here I found small solution,if I choose qty from the warehouse task warehouse-request.pngwt-hu-task.pngwo-screen-shot.png

Can I do Unpack and take qty 2 and repack in the WO or WT

Could you please help me in this.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

In simple terms how can I handle nested HU's if I require small qty from it. How can I unpack, repack and pack it .

Please let me know if you need further information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member235336
Participant

Hello basha.shaik7,

From your description it is not completely clear how your user can understand which sub-hu is used for stock removal, where the quantity should be reduced. If such information is not required, you probably can consider single level HU, in such a case you do not have any problems to pick what you want. If sub-hu is required and you know accurate rule to do that in task creation, you can consider available enhancements. (as it's said above)

In standard you create a task for highest level HU (as I understand from your screenshots), and in execution you have to specify which sub-hu is used for picking. Otherwise details about sub-HU are just missing.

As an alternative, you can try to repack your stock before picking, for that you probably can take a look at Pick Point scenario, where you have a Work Center behind your Pick Point. So you can try to do repacking before approaching HU-s. Here you can find a description of scenario >

Picking at a Pick Point Using Radio Frequency - SAP Help Portal

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

Thank you very much for the reply. I am looking do the enhancement I will check with my ABAP team how possibility is there to pick the SUB HU in the background. But ID point is not feasible for us.

Could you please give me more inputs in the enhancement point.

Regards,

Chand.

j_blohm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If in Desktop / GUI, look at BAdI /SCWM/EX_CORE_CO_IMPORT.

If in RFUI, you will probably need to enhance / adjust with your own logic the FM /SCWM/RF_PICK_PIMTTO_PAI, as the picking will send you to sub HU selection screen.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

We are using Desktop/GUI I am checking the BADI :/SCWM/EX_CORE_CO_IMPORT.

If possible a bit detail in logic will really help me.

regards,

Chand.

former_member235336
Participant

An idea is to replace the value of NLENR field inside table CT_CONF for every case when NLENR contains an hu with sub-hu's inside.

I think processing at Desktop is more like an exception for picking, I'd rely more on modification of RF where you automatically fill sub-hu with your custom logic and omit the screen of sub-hu selection.

j_blohm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is that the sub-HU won't be proposed as source HU. As far as I know, what you want is not possible in standard, you will have to enter the sub-HU during picking. Also, the HU picking control won't help you unless take over the sub-HU into the pick HU. If you confirm in RF, the system will ask you for the correct sub-HU. There's also the option to do a little enhancement to determine the sub-HU in background during confirmation, so you don't run into this error.

Also, what is the level of available quantity in your storage type?

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for the reply, "There's also the option to do a little enhancement to determine the sub-HU in background during confirmation"

could you please help in doing this enhancement.

Regards,

Chand Basha.Shaik

Private_Member_324719
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you put the 3 in the WPT or in the storage type?

If you put it in the WPT, you need to put the value 2 in the storage type.

And cancel and create the task again.

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

I have done the configurarion as per your advice. But getting same error.

Private_Member_324719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to use the field 'HU Picking Ctrl', in the picking WPT, or in the source st.type.

Use value 3 - only adopt content into pick-hu

João

basha_shaik7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked with both option but still I am getting same error.

Any other prcoess I need to check please let me know.

Regards,

Chand