Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial No. Profile

deniz11
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Could you kindly explain me the difference between Serial No Profile from a material display Plant Data /Stor. 2 and WM Execution Display? (I searched but I want some clear explanations)

When I want to create an Inbound Delivery it raise this message: Product X serial no. requirement; qty role SN missing, for item type IDLV

Someone of you had an issue like this?

Thank you so much,

Deniz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

narsimha_namburi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you kindly explain me the difference between Serial No Profile from a material display Plant Data /Stor. 2 and WM Execution Display? (I searched but I want some clear explanations)

Serial number profile which is available at Plant data/Stor2 is specific to Inventory management. Serial number profile which is available in WM execution is for tracking serial numbers in EWM.

Without tracking serial numbers in EWM, you can still track at IM level, for this you just need to maintain serial number profile in Plant data. But if you want to maintain/track serial numbers in EWM then you need to maintain the profile in WM Execution.

There are 4 types of serial number profiles that you can configure at WM Execution.

• Document Item level
  • Inventory level
  • Warehouse level &
  • No Serial number requirement in EWM

This config is warehouse independent serial number profile.

Depending on the business process, you can configure profile with one of these options.

But this field is at client level. If the same material is managed in multiple warehouses and you would like to manage different level in each warehouse, then you need to configure Warehouse dependent serial number profiles in EWM -->Master Data --> Product-->Define serial number profiles.

For Ex: Mat1 has Serial number profile assigned as Z001-Inventory Managed in WH1.

If you want to track serial number for the same material in WH2 at Warehouse level, then you need to configure Z001-Warehouse level in WH2 in EWM.

When I want to create an Inbound Delivery it raise this message: Product X serial no. requirement; qty role SN missing, for item type IDLV.

For this, first check the quantity offsetting profile assigned in the Item type and check whether role SN is activated or not.

This should solve your issue.

Also, choosing the correct serial number profile is extremely important because operational impact will be high if the proper analysis in not done.

Regards

Narsimha Namburi

Answers (0)