cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM system parameters settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know where I can find documentation on the necessary system parameters settings to allow SEM-BCS to run properly?

Thanks,

K-D Vo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeaaa, now it (the problem descritpion)looks much more appropriate, not like it was from the beginning.

For SEM-BCS, IMHO, there are two main points from the side of configuring (Basis): the size of abap shared memory and size of table of blocked entries (something like that). Don't have time to get into details. 'Cause I'm almost left for my 2-week vacation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no "1, 2, 3 Steps"-Solution for BCS : )

First you have to customize the database stuff:

RFC-destination, cube for the sums and if necessary additional DataSource (e.g. asset, godwill etc.).

After that you have to implement your consolidation scope and so on...

Check out the helpfiles for SEM-BCS, it is called SAP SEM Helper. They are very helpful!

It is a CD from SAP. If you have no chance to get it. We can find a way you'll get it.

Greetings from Germany

Benjamin Maier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

Couldn't find the CD you were referring to. Could you direct me to the site you're referring to?

Thanks,

K-D

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Benjamin wants to refer to the BCS help.

Also available on help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60/helpdata/de/67/f7e73ac6e7ec28e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually SEM-BCS may run properly with different combinations of settings. Do you want to have the full set of compatible and allowable combinations of all configuration settings?

And which system parameters do you mean, BW parameters, consolidation area parameters, consolidation of investments parameters? Which ones?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm mainly concerned about the BW system parameters such as buffer size, table lock entry size, and any other parameters that I need to adjust for SEM to run properly.

K-D