cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM BCS - Copy Actuals balance carried forward to forecast version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to copy the balance carried forward in one version to another version e.g. Actuals (100) to Forecast (FS1)? If so, please provide screen shots of configuration required. The documentation mentions a copy step but I can't see how to implement it.

Thanks

Sheena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

To make it simple. Just create on copy method to copy from actual version 100 to forecast version FS1 in period 12. Create a balance carry forward task in the period 1 in the forecast version.

Regards

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

Thats the same way we do it every year. But notice that you need more then one copy method, because you have to restrict them to posting level [one for 00, one for 01,10 etc.]

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you need to copy data from period 00 version 100 to versio FS1 only once? If the answer is yes it is very easy to do so through UCWB  - Consolidation Functions - Other Functions - Copy - Reported Financial Data and then Documents

Hope I helped you.

Lilia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lilia - I got an error message 'specify a document type'. I can't see how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copy documents you must specify DT that you are going to copy from source to target version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - I thought they were just extra selection criteria. Now I get the following message:

Concolidation Frequency 5 is month and there isn't an option of including period 0 - I guess we wouldn't want to run the other cons tasks for period 0 anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You are right, I'm getting the same error message.

So I guess it is only possible to fill period 00 by executing BCF task.

OR

You can copy from period 01 version 100 to period 01 version F01 CUMULATIVE . It will insert figures from period 00+01 version 100 into period 01 in version F01

Lilia

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

I think you can copy balance carry forward values to another version.

Please check the balance carry forward task and find method is available for copy. (Based on BCS system version).  In this you can do for equity data in different location (refer link from sap)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/b4/e6cdd0f6643640915551bd71cdb330/content.htm?framese...

Screen print for reference.

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

If forecasting also doing in BCS with different version.  You can load balance carry data through BW (backward) into total records and also agree with Dan might be it will not work through copy function.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please can you provide more detail for "load balance carry data through BW (backward) into totals records" - I'm not clear what you mean?

Thanks

Sheena

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

Create a cube with the same dimenstion (Total records contain) and move the balance carry forward values to it .

Once data is available again return back values to total records with required version Eg Actuals 100 and forcast 200.

Hint: When data move from New cube to Total records contant on version 200 and period and year in transfer rules.

By this balance carryforward values is available in total records in different version.

Regards

Rajesh SVN.

Message was edited by: Rajesh SVN

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheena,

I've never copied the balance carry forward (period 000) data into a different version. I usually include the balance carry forward task in the task hierarchy for such a version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to use the actuals as the opening balance for the forecast - is this possible? We can't load the actuals into the previous year as this would wipe out the previous year forecast data.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sheena,

It appears this may be possible. Again I've never done this.

Using the mapping in the method configuration, map the period to be a condition to read source period 00 and map to target period 00. This may not wok because the parameters will be for period 01. However it may be worth a try.

If that doesn't work, you can always copy the data cumulatively for the last period of the previous year and execute the balance carry subsequently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Not too sure what you are suggesting I do - please can you send screenshots?

Thanks

Sheena