Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BCS_BWRFC destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Every time I execute UCWB, an error messages saying that

i. SEM-BCS_BWRFC destination SEM-BCS_BW does not exist.

ii. Communication error during RFC communication with SEM-BCS_BW

I did create a connection at SM59 but it is still not working. As there is no selection available for me to which infocube the connection should be made.

If reasons and steps can be given would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivan,

What I meant under instructions is: "<i>delete the RFC destination from the master record of the data basis</i>". I assume that you don't use a remote BW-system, just local.

However, if you work with SAP deleivered example, it's another issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

There is a quote from the OSS Note 859893 (SEM-BCS 6.0: Activating the SAP delivery example) :

<b>Details for creating the RFC connection 'SEM-BCS_BW'

</b>The data basis '01' of the content example contains the RFC destination 'SEM-BCS_BW', which shows the BW clients of the BW system used.

If the content example is activated in a non-BW client (another client on the local BW system or remote system), the RFC destination must be set up and be operative in order to be able to access the BW objects referred to by the content. Note: In this case, a Trusted/Trusting connection can also be used (see related notes). In this case, the RFC destination is created before the activation of the delivery example.

If the content example is activated in the BW client, delete the RFC destination from the master record of the data basis in Transaction ucwb01.

So, follow the instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I did refer to the said note but it does not really help in establishing the RFC connection. However, I'm grateful for your help! Thank you very much

Regards,

Ivan