cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BCS (BW Reporting)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know how SEM-BCS stores data (balance values) in BW cube. If I have to generate a B/S report, how would I restrict the Key Figure to show balance as of the 2nd quarter? The issue is the ranging of the Posting Period. Is it (4 to 6) or 6(Last month of quarter) or (1 to 6)?

Thank.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it depends what you want. you want to show cumulative balance or non-cumulative balance from ytd.

since it is balance sheet, i would assume u r refereing to the cumulative balance from ytd ( which also includes the balance carry forward.)

in that you can restrict it to period 1 through 6.

other case:

you report only shows the monthly balances or transactions in the month. then you can go for period restriction period 6.

hope this helps.

Regards,

BWer

Assign points if helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SEM-BCS stores an initial balance and all movements (in and out). So, it's not a problem to get any reports (Balance sheet, Profits & Loss, Cash Flow or another) for ANY PERIODS! Do you have any particular doubts or questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BS reports, it does not make sense to have from-to period. It should have only one period (to period). Assuming your selection is 06 then the calculation for QTD will be period 04-to-06. For YTD, it will be from period 00 to 06, and MTD will be 06.

Shameel