Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEM-BCS: A few queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All

Hi! Eugene,

Thanks for the input...I have a few more queries.

1. The first year of historical upload of yearly values is 2001(mainly for reporting purposes) while the monthly values will come from 05 onwards and elimination logic will begin from 04 onwards i.e. the system should acomodate elimination and reclass reprting for 04. If I understand you correctly then the first period period should be 1/2001 rather than 1/05 when monthly values are entered for monthly consolidations.

2. We have got a hierarchy and master data on 0CS_ITEM. In the hierarchy, the lowest node is the G/L Acct. # without description. Is it right to assume that when u sychronize the hierarchies, it will also get the Account # and description, if available, and you won't have to get Master data separately from 0CS_item. The issue is that we are not able to get the Acct. description with 0CS_ITEM hierarchy.Do these need to be synchronized separately??(Going from BW to BCS). If brought separately, the hierarchy and master data, I assume the lowest node i.e. G/L acct. will be overwritten by G/L acct. and description as in Master Data on 0CS_ITEM..please confirm.

4. when I run UGMDSY20 for synch. of hiearchies, it ask for the application in which I find Master finance and nothing under application area....so what should be the ideal values that one looks for here....if I choose BCS in App.,then App. Area is the Data basis...please shed some light on this...

4. Another issue concerning master data is that when I run UGMDSYNC, it does not show me the same master data i.e. all fields that I can see in BW under 0CS_ITEM. I put the Source=BW and Target = Local.In source, I see only Cons. Chart Acct, Item, Bid-check and Local-val.to be created while in the master data on 0CS_ITEM, I can see Cons. Chart Acct.,Item, Lang, Short and long description.

5. In SEM 6.0, when you define the Document # Ranges, the Comment field does not appear i.e. wherein you enter the posting level less than 20 etc.for each number range, Is it standard or sth. is missing??

Thanks again for your earliest attention and input.

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

1. If you don't plan to run any cons processes until 2004, then start with 012 of 2003.

2. Not very clear what you mean. What's the lowest node (the hierarchy root?). In general, master data and hierarchy of 0CS_ITEM (or another infoobject that you map with ITEM in BCS) will be synchronized from BW to BCS. If you use flexible upload as was described in the blog, then data loaded to BCS will be reflected in BW (master data and hierarchy will be created for 0CS_ITEM).

3. In UGMDSY20 use 10 for Application and your cons area as Application Area.

4. If you look at ITEM in BCS you'll see more attributes. In this case I prefer to make flexible upload (see the blog), since I can upload all attributes I need.

5. Sorry, don't know.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Eugene,

I have Master data on )CS_Item but the same is not visible under Source system when you run UGMDSYC. Moreover, when I ran the UGMDSYNC, it no longer lists the Source system if I choose the field 0CS_ITEM...by default, it now shows Source - Local & Target - ALL BW..

nor did it show any master data in BCS liek the G/L acct. numbers...where can we find where the said data was written, if any...

Anyway is there some setting which we need to do that this default may end and it recognisesthe source system again....

Secondly, in UGMDSYNC, the Master data of the InfoObject is not visible in thesame way as it exists i.e.if u see under Maintain Master data for info object...why is that?

Any suggestions..

Thanks a lot!

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

Urge you to refer to note 689229 and it will help you. Let me know if it helped.

I was not following your earlier discussions and hence let me know if you need any more help.

Can u see the hierarchy in BW (ocs_item)?

Can u see the hierarchy in BCS - UCWB for item.

Did you create the master data in BCS? Are u trying to synch from BCS to BW.

Let me know a bit more as to what u are trying to do here. the above note will give you more reports on synch and u will be able to find answers, probably.

Rgds

Samir Neji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Samir,

I was trying to synch from BW to BCS.....

I have hierarchy on 0CS and also the MAster Data in BCS....

However, UGMDSY 20...did not synch....no hierarchy nodes were synched, even though all nodes were selected, it just changed the heading of the hierarchy in BCS???

Thanks,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I should have been mentioned in another thread that this is a typical situation if your hierarchy version in BW is not of version 100 and you try to see the hierarchy in BCS in version 100.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Eugene,

Thanks..I know...my version on both sides is 100...its not an immediate issue but it should, nevertheless, work...the same goes for Cons Unit hierarcy with Ver 100...I have the same hierarchy on both sides...BW and BCS either way, but I need it to work from BW to BCS in the long run....I think I might try from BCS to BW and then vice versa...

Kindly see if u can provide insight on other minor issues...some clarification...

Thanks again....

Victor