cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP Add-in Launcher has stopped working

willsuus
Participant
0 Kudos

One of our users was on Excel 2013 and IBP was working fine. She was upgraded to Excel 365 and now gets the error "SAP IBP Add-In Launcher has stopped working" when opening Excel. This is followed, in the same dialog box, by two "Class Not Registered" messages. We do have other users using Excel 365 and IBP without any issues. I believe this is an issue of IBP being loaded when the upgrade was done.

I checked her com add-ins and see that the "SAP IBP- Technical migration add-in (required)" add-in is no longer listed as a choice to be made active. I do not know if this is what is causing the initial error message. But, I also am not sure how to add this as the path (when looking at my configuration) is not just a file name (file///c:\program files\sap\excel addin\FPMXLClient.Connect.vsto|vstolocal).

I had the IBP software re-installed, but the problem still exists and the com add-in is still not in the list to add.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

willsuus
Participant
0 Kudos

We ended up totally uninstalling and reinstalling the software and this resolved the issue.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

This kind of issue is very specific because it depends on: IBP add-in version, Excel version, Windows edition and so on... If you use one of newest add-ins you should have ".exe" installer provided by SAP (see picture attached- this is how 2202 add-in instaler should look like). Use it and this might fix your issues as SAP suggests installer might fix many issues with add-ins...
If you use older editions of add-in i d suggest to go to drastic solution - reinstall Excel and if this does not work, reimage problematic PC. This ultimate solution was the only one fixing everything from my experience ( few users were able to work on IBP in Excel only after re-image...)
Hope this helps,

BR,
Piotraddin.jpg

0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

This is an issue only with the specific laptop.

Did you check the disabled add-in items? The SAP IBP- Technical migration add-in (required) might be there, if it's there click enable and restart Excel. Another option is to repair from the installer file or remove completely and try re-install again.

If it's not working after all, I can suggest to read through the IBP Excel add-in troubleshooting guide (required technical changes) in the OSS or raise an incident.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/applications/nnfv2/services/bsp/sap/support/sapnotes/public/servic...

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Sittinut

willsuus
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately none of the suggestions in the troubleshooting guide were successful.

At this point, I am going to have the user try to run the repair from the installation package.

Thank you for your help.