Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO PPDS - Resource planned order

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts SAP,

I am looking for your help,   in APO we are using PDS with alternative modes, we activated the BADI  CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN because we need that every PDS has different modes (each mode is one version in R/3) for the scheduling. With this we are looking that the PPDS Optimizer considers all alternative resources.

The problem that we are facing is the following:

When we populate manually a planned order with the transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3 for a product with several PDS and we select one of them, the system records the planned order with the PDS that we selected, but with the resource that has the best priority, sometimes the resource with the best priority is different to the resource of the PDS

Due to the previous situation the planned order is reported in different resources:

- In APO (RRP3) in the resource assigned for the system (with the best priority)

- In R/3 (CM01) in the resource of the PDS

How can I get both or one of the following points?

- The transaction RRP3 selects the resource of the selected PDS and no the resource with the best priority

- In R/3 the transaction CM01 reports the planned order in the resource assigned to the order and no in the resource of the production version

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

I sort of feel the same as GS.I interpret your issue as follows, is it correct?

Product has thres PDS- PDS1, PDS2 and PDS3. In each PDS, there are alternative modes.

PDS1:  modes using resource R1, R2, R3, R4

PDS2: modes using resource RR1, RR2, RR3, RR4

PDS3: modes using resource RRR1, RRR2....

Issue: create an order in RRP3 using PDS1, the modes are changed to RR1/2... or RRR1/2.

Best regards,

Tiemin

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tiemin,

I really apreciate your help

For Product 1 we have the following master data:

SAP R/3

Production version 1 - with Resource   R1

Production version 2 - with Resource   R2

Production version 3 - with Resource   R3 (this resource has the best priority)

SAP APO

We are using PDS with alternative modes, because we activated the BADI  CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN

PDS1: with 3 modes using resource R1, R2, R3

PDS2: with 3 modes using resource R1, R2, R3

PDS3: with 3 modes using resource R1, R2, R3

With transaction RRP3 we create manually a planned order for product 1, we selected PDS1, the system records the planned order with the PDS selected (PDS1) but with the resource with the best priority (R3)

In APO (RRP3, RRP4) we see the planned order with the resource R1

In R/3 (CM01) we see the planned order with the resource R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

If I am getting your issue correctly then what I feel is -- you should use -- either of the following options:

1). One PDS -- with 3 resources as modes.

2.) 3 PDS -- with each only one resource (or mode).

I guess looking at your R/3 production versions -- option 2 will be better i.e. having 3 separate PDS for the same product -- each having only one resource.

After this -- when you create -- a planned order manually -- then system should give you the option of selecting PDS out of these 3.

P.S. --  If you want you can further assign priorities to PDS thru Tcode PDS_MAINT in ECC -- which will take it to APO.

Regards,

GIG SL

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GIG SL,

I agree with you with option 2, but we are using option 1 for PPDS optimizer will be able to change the resource of the production orders

I understand if we use option 2 (each PDS only one resource) PPDS Optimizer will not be able to change the resource of the production orders, IS THIS TRUE?

Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

frank_horlacher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes that is true.

The PP/DS Optimizer will not change the PDS of an order.

the Optimizer can change the resource of an order if you have alternative modes.

with alternative modes you can also use the drag and drop from one resource to another in the graphical planning board.

BR Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank.

Arnulfo -- if you decide to go ahead with option 1 then I think you should try to create one Production version with 3 resources as alternates in ECC itself rather than creating 3 Production versions.

Pls reward if useful.

Below is a link of an excellent article by Expert Mahesh which I found on SDN sometime back.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5531

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Please change your routing to have the main sequence and two alternative sequences.

This is that it would look like:

SAP R/3

Only one Production version

Only one Routing

Main sequence - with Resource   R1

Alternative sequence 1 - with Resource   R2

Alternative sequence 2 - with Resource   R3

Restriction: The alternative sequences have to have the same number of operations than the number of operations contained from the branch to the return operation.

SAP APO

Only 1 PDS with 3 modes using resource R1, R2, R3

This is what the PDS Modes will look like:

For more information, please refer to this note:

507025 - Examples of customer enhancements II

Best regards,

Will

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi! Did my advices helped you?

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wilian,

I read the note (507025) that you suggested me, it told me that I can use the BADI CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN.

I was already using the BADI CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN,  but I have several PDS,  every PDS has different modes.

I really do not know how I can get only 1 PDS with several modes,   Can you help me?

Best Regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I will execute your recommendation, due to some teams are involved in this test, it will take us some days, as soon as we finish I will report you the result

Best regards,

Arnulfo Cordero Pradel

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnulfo,

You can use class type 19 for the same,

Go for the following thread it'll help you...

http://scn.sap.com/message/13666761#13666761

Regards

Debashis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cordero,

Your question is not very clear to me. Can you pls explain a bit more.

In first para you have stated that you need every PDS to have different modes and in second para you have stated that you chosse the PDS out of several available PDS. Does this mean that for a single Product -- you have several PDS and inside each PDS you have several resources as different modes ?

former_member269053
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really apreciate your help

You got the right idea:

1) We have several PDS for one product,  because we can produce this product in several resources

2)  Every PDS has several modes (each mode is one version in R/3). With this we are looking that the PPDS Optimizer considers all alternative resources and can change the resource of the planned order