cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

result of heuristic run is not what is expected Frozen Horizon for Tranpsort

former_member687629
Participant

Hi experts,

I would like to ask you the way to configure frozen horizon for transport properly.

I am personally trying to configure it but it works on a different way I expected before.

I am gonna show you the settings i have done one by one.

First I set 10 for the value of Frozen Horizon in Location Product MDT as follows

Second, I configured Excel UI and set 100 for the value of Minimum Transport Supply and Minimum Transport Receipts so that the output KF of heuristic, which I assume as Transport Supply/Receipts, would be 100 during the frozen horizon.

and I run Heuristic.

But the problem is, even though I see heuristic runs without any error or messages, the value of transport receipts/supply does not change at all. I guess I should have done another setting but I have no idea regarding it. So Plz help me get an expected result. Thank you.

The Best,

Kenta Kono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor

Hello Kento

What you are trying to acheive cannot be controlled with the frozen horizon attribute in IBp. Frozen horizon attribute applies for production and its related KFs. Not for transport receipt or supply. In order to control frozen horizon in transport KF you need to do the following.

1) The horizon that you want to be frozen in transport receipt you have to maintain a value 0 in the ADJUSTEDTRANSPORT KF and put the firmed or confirmed STO related values in the MINTRANSPORT KF. Similarly for transport supply you have to maintain a value 0 in the ADJUSTEDTRANSPORTDS KF and put the firmed or confirmed STO related values in the MINTRANSPORTDS KF. This way you can control the behaviour.

2) now to update the frozen transport horizon automatically you need to create custom KF with expression using the LEADTIME attribute (just an example) as an check or any specific no of periods and then populate that KF values with 0 or NULL. Then use a copy operator to populate the 0 to the respective ADJUSTED KFs, before running heuristics.

former_member687629
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ayan and Girish,

Thank you for our input. I already checked the document offered by Girish, and I have been dealt with the steps one by one. As stated in the document, I upload the fixed quantities, which is 100 into the Minimum Transport Supply Minimum Trasport Receipts. Then I set 0 into Adjusted Transport receipts and Tranport Supply Adj. From now on, is Ayan suggesting to create a custom KF with expression using the LEADTIME attribute, even though SAP document says we do not configure an additional KF to enter values to overwrite the transport qty? I would like to hear what should be done next... Thank you for your helps.

Best Regards,

Kenta Kono

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kento

the way you are updating the zero value in the adjusted KF is manual, which is ok for testing. In a real production scenario thier will thousands of combination for which you need to update zero value, which cannot be done manually.

The last suggestion i gave u is to automate the process of updating zero in the adjusted transport KF

kumar_sap2000
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayan,

Using KF calculation, I am able to add Zero in the Adjusted Transport Receipt within the frozen horizon

ADJUSTEDTRANSPORT@WKPRODLOCLOCFR = IF ( "PERIODID4" < "$$PERIODID4CU$$" + IF(ISNULL ( "FROZENHORIZON" ),0, "FROZENHORIZON" ),IF (ISNULL ( "ADJUSTEDTRANSPORT@WKPRODLOCLOCFR" ), 0 , "ADJUSTEDTRANSPORT@WKPRODLOCLOCFR" ), "ADJUSTEDTRANSPORT@WKPRODLOCLOCFR")

This is working as expected.

How can I set the Zero values in the Adjusted Transport Supply KF as I have to consider SHIPTO and LEADTIME offset.

Thanks

Kumar

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar

you dont need to update the ADJUSTEDTRANSPORTDS KF with 0 value, if you are using heuristic as your solver. In the S&OP operator setting, select the merger policy as "upstream KF leading" and just below that you have 1 more parametre "MIN transport handling policy" here use the option as coupled.

Also in the addtional parametre section add the below parametre

NAME: ADJUSTED_KEYFIGURES_HANDLING_POLICY

VALUE: APPLY

this should take care off updating the DS KF with the zero by respecting the leadtime offset.

let me know in case this doesnt work for you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below SAP Help page for more details on this topic

https://help.sap.com/viewer/feae3cea3cc549aaa9d9de7d363a83e6/2102/en-US/d5327c68776a4ef785ae4f595f54...

Have you done any configuration to support freeze horizon for transport (As this is not out of the box).

Transport KF behaves differently than production so factor the behavior in your expected result

Transport Receipt = Adjusted Transport Receipt + Minimum Transport Receipt

Transport Supply = Adjusted Transport Supply + Minimum Transport Supply

Thanks

Girish

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello girishjain

Just wanted to recheck if the below statement in completely true or not. Pardon my ignorance if any and feel free to correct me.

According to my understaning in a normall scenario.

Transport Receipt = Adjusted Transport Receipt or if adjusted is null then it is Minimum Transport Receipt + delta of the addtional net demand requirement.

Transport Supply = Adjusted Transport Supply or if adjusted is null then it is Minimum Transport Supply + delta of the addtional net supply requirement.

Also thier are few other factors like coupling or merging policy that alos derives the output for transport Receipt & Supply

former_member654033
Contributor

Hello Ayan

My Comment was specific to frozen horizon behavior.

Within Frozen Horizon, below applies (So Adjusted KF can be made 0 in frozen horizon and Minimum in KF can have open STO Values, if one will use both then it will be SUM)

Outside frozen horizon Net demand will also come in calculation and merging policy is separate concept which can influence how upstream and downstream KF relates to each other.

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks

Girish