cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting in BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing BCS,but the data need to be load from SAP R/3 , flat file load to cube,and user entry data,as the cube is virtual cube how can i load data to this cube,i need to create reports on it.

Can any one give some information on it.

Thanks,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at your message and noticed that there is a discreapancy between your totals and virtual cube names. Afraid, that you mixed up with different procedures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I see, you installed 0BCS_C50 cube, customized it ZBCS_C50. During the creation of data basis, the ZBCS_CV50 cube was created. It's the virtual cube for BCS reporting.

So, yes. You load data to ZBCS_C50 and create queries on ZBCS_CV50.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN!

As voodi pointed out, your cube on which you build your queries is virtual. It means that the functional module module built in the cube reads the content of the real-time cube, transforms the data and shows it to a user.

It might depend, but in many cases, you just install from the business content the 0BCS_C11 cube, copy it to your custom cube and customize it. This customized cube is your real-time cube where you'll load all the data (from BW or flat files).

The virtual cube doesn't contain any data, it just shows the query result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your response.

I have custom cube(ZBCS_C50) and virtual cube (ZBCS_CV11),i checked the properties of ZBCS_C50, it is standard infocube and Real time is checked,so i can load R/3 data to this cube and bulid queries on (ZBCS_CV11),Am i correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if ZBCS_C50 is a copy of 0BCS_C11 and ZBCS_CV11 a copy of 0BCS_CV11, yeah you can stream data into this cube and ur virtual cube shoudl read data from this realtime cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All ur data is loaded to a basic cube and later streamed to a real time cube. And the virtual cube sits on top of the realtime cube. Virtual cube wont hold any data, but rather the functional module will read the data from the real time cube for the reporting purposes. So you can create ur reports on the virtual cube even though it doesnt have any data physically...