cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenration of Planning Calender

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Is there a way to regenerate the planning calender TC : /sapapo/calender as the time progresses? The issue is that even if I maintain the 'years in past' and 'years in future' the calender does not move with time. The periods are active only till a fixed time and periods are to be generated manually.(By pressing the "Periods" button in the header tab in change tab). I want to know is there a way that this can be scheduled in the background like every other job?

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Usually you would create periods for a longer horizon than the planning area initialization horizon. The planning area reinitialization job variant can be created as a dynamic variant.

Say you have created periods till 2011, and initialized till 2009. The planning area can be periodically reinitialized with the help of a dynamic variant.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

I dont think that we can link time series with the planning calender. Hence I have to manually reinitialize the calender every time there is a demand for that future date, I have to reinitilise the calender for that period. Is there any other way to reinitilise calender periodically?

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go ahead and create your calendar till 2039 (think there is a max) and not worry about it for some time

this should not cause any issues