cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PL20 flexi upload issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we uploaded the file using flexi upload for posting level 20, system is reading the data properly but at the same time system is posting correction reversal entries for the same. Eg if i'm uploading the file with 100 INR system is posting the amount and again system is posting the correction document for -100 INR. Kindly help us in resolving this issue.

We have created a flexi upload for PL20 entries, in which we created a seperate method and task for the same. And in task we have defined the processing type as two sided, created a field catalog in flexible upload. Please let us know if you need further details.

Regards,

Magesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume your flexible upload is defined in YTD mode...

So the system will post the necessary adjustments to get the correct YTD amount in the list of totals records (these "correction" entries)...

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In other words, if you already have balances in your system for the previous periods and load new entries in YTD for a new period, the system will calculate and post the Delta (in BCS, the entries are always stored in periodic, even if you load in YTD). That's very logical actually...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collet,

I accept your point but i need a clarity, when i uploaded for the first time the flat file for PL20,system by default reversed few entries. I would like to know why the system reversed during first upload.

Regards,

Magesh

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also need some clarity from your side :

- what is the parameters of your flexible upload ?

- Are you sure it's the first time you enter PL20 data in the system (i-e no data for the previous/current period) ?

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what do you have in the list of totals records (not in the list of journal entries) after the upload ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collet,

In Task, we use cons freq- monthly, proc. type two sided, cons. group- all values. In method we have defined DCP flexible upload w.r.t method and doc. type. In flexible upload field category we have defined the respective fields as per the manual journal entry screen.

Yesterday only i configured flexi upload for PL20. In my total records during the first PL20 flat file upload, items were reversed with text CORR and in which most of the amount are w.r.t clearing a/c.

Kindly let me know if you want further details.

Regards,

Magesh

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you don't answer to the most important question : what do you have in the totals records for this period / this company / this account / this document type in YTD ? And what do you have in the totals records after the upload ? And what did you expect ?

NB : in the list of totals records, you should not see any CORR records. These are only visible in the list of journal entries. Here I am talking about analyzing the balances, not the detailed lines of document. This is the first step I need to clarify to understand your case.

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also remember that the inversion setting you use in the document type might also impact the CORR lines generation.

They are several notes on the SAP marketplace detailing this behaviour.

But before looking to these notes, please analyze carefully what you have in the list of totals records before and after the upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collet,

In my TR i have datas for posting level 20, gl 1110010, company 1000, period 03, doc. type M2, in total records i'm able to see amount of 89,497,335.45 INR but it is suppose to be only 89,451,959.45 INR difference of 45,376.00 INR as been posted as correction document.

I'm able to see the CORR document in my total records, under M2 doc. type in inversion we have mentioned "AUTOMATIC INVERSION ALSO IN NEW FISCAL YEAR". What setting details you req. plz let me know i'll post the same.

Regards,

Magesh

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And why do you need to post PL 20 data through flexible upload ? Why not using the automatic elimination ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collet,

As the trading partners were not maintained properly in existing system and huge no. to eliminate thats why we want to upload PL20 entries.

Regards

Magesh

former_member209721
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To come back to your issue, it's quite difficult to tell you exactly what is wrong and what needs to be corrected without the detailed example/settings in front of me. But I suggest that you take a very simple example in your test system and change the following parameters to see if you finally get the correct result :

- Update mode : YTD vs PER

- Inversion : no Inversion vs Inversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

You created a file that involves balance accounts and income statement?

Because the BCS created automatic entries to balance the balance

Regards