cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound process steps different for same material in EWM

0 Kudos

Hello,

Using EWM 17.09

Client have a special request. We would like to know if it is possible to pick HU's for same material and send some of them directly to loading area and other to work center for Deconsolidation ?

Example: Picking Orders for 3500 UN of material A. HU are 1000 UN on each. Would like to pick 4 full HU's, send 3 HU's direct to loading area and send the 4th one to work center for deconsolidation and repacking in 2 HU's of 500.

Thank you

for your help

former_member651785
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alain,

If it is possible for your customer to use different HU types for HU's which goes to work center instead of loading area, then you can seperate them in LOSC standard customizing.

If above is not possible, then you will need a custom development.

Best regards,

Umutcan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

"We would like to know if it is possible to pick HU's for same material and send some of them directly to loading area and other to work center for Deconsolidation ?"

"Deconsolidaton" as a process step is only available during putaway, not picking. So that would mean you would have to use a "normal" packing step.

How do you determine which process is used in picking? With the warehouse order creation rule. That should already be your answer.

But:

"Picking Orders for 3500 UN of material A. HU are 1000 UN on each. Would like to pick 4 full HU's, send 3 HU's direct to loading area and send the 4th one to work center for deconsolidation and repacking in 2 HU's of 500."

That does not work with POSC (at least I would have no idea how to do that). That is a regular pick point scenario.

Brgds

Juergen

---
Want to learn EWM?
Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Logistics+Execution+%26+Warehouse+Management-SAP+...
Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub
And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!
And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, my mistake for deconsolidation. Using the pick pack scenario means move all the pallets (HU), in my example 4, to the pick station ?

In my case, I would like to move 3 pallets directly to loading area because full pallet and the last pallet to the pick point.

Possible ?

Best regards

Aalin
JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Using the pick pack scenario means move all the pallets (HU), in my example 4, to the pick station ?"

Probably.

"In my case, I would like to move 3 pallets directly to loading area because full pallet and the last pallet to the pick point."

As I wrote above, this is a standard pick point scenario (not pick pack, that was maybe a wrong understanding). You define a pick point, and assign it to your storage type using LOSC. In the LOSC setting you control that full pallets are not going via the pick point, only partial picks. Then for a partial pick a full pallet is moved to the pick point. There you process it - and sent the rest back.

Brgds

Juergen