cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror transaction for security deals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know it has been a topic written for this, but in year 2008 for ERP 4.7.

Now we are running ERP 604 and I have the same question.

It is possible to do mirroring transaction for security transaction? In Customization docu is written:

"For all transactions in the product categories Money Market, Foreign Exchange, Securities, and Derivatives, the Activity field must always show the value 01." in customization view: V_MIRROREX

So SAP is counting with securities in Mirroring? I tried to set this section up but I still can not achieve mirroring of created purchase.

My goal is:

We have two Company codes, one is for Asset Management purposes and one for Insurance company purposes.

A both company codes have same portfolio with same securities. I would like to achieve: when I create a for example purchase of some security in one company code, this will be created automatically in another company code. The same would be with the changes. If I change a transaction in this source CC mirror transaction will change automatically.

Is this possible in ERP 604?

Thank You

Milan Miko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality you are trying to achieve is not mirroring. Mirror is used to conclude deals between two company codes and I don't think you can use Mirror for securities. Logically you should not be able to use it for security deals. What mirror does is that when you create a transaction in one company code, it would create a transactions in exactly opposite direction in another company code. This is used for the case where for example one company is lending to other. It would be created as a loan given in one and loan taken in another.

For your requirement you can use a BAPI to create a transaction in another company code when you conclude a transaction in one company code. You can may be process the BAPI in a user exit and link both the transactions using a reference.

Also please note that, there is a separate forum for treasury where you can get more such responses.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You for your answer.

I supposed mirroring could be also solution for my problem, because this option exist in settings, I can set a same Transaction type for ingoing and for outgoing transaction.

But could you send me a name of this badi implementation you mentioned before?

Thank You

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Mirror deals, it is not just the transaction types. The counterparty itself will be registered as another company code. For your case, in securities, obviously the counterparty cannot be the other company code.

The BAPI is BAPI_FTR_SECURITY_CHANGE for creating securities transaction. Not sure on the user exit though. You can check with your ABAPer on the user exit part.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravishankar Ramamurthy.

Always your answers are very accurate & brief. Thanks for the effort to make us understand the things clearly.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

there is a special situation where mirroring securities makes sence, that is when the mother company issues a bond (product type 04X) which is hold by its subsidaries. Do you see any chance to use the mirror transaction under these circumstances?

Regards, Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian,

SAP supports mirror transaction functionality for following products only.

• Fixed term deposits
  • Deposit at notice
  • Interest rate instruments
  • Cash flow transactions
  • Spot exchange transactions
  • Forward exchange transactions
  • Foreign exchange SWAPS.

Hope this information will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information, Naresh,

Sebastian