cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix and monitor

former_member194418
Participant
0 Kudos

We use a matrix consolidation scenario. A legal company is only assigned (matrix view) certain profit centers. Now several months later additional profit centers are needed. So I add them (mark the checkbox) in that matrix view. However, having a look at the monitor of prior periods I do see that very legal entity as yellow and not as blocked. Why:

Actually I do not see one legal entitiy, I see 1 or more consolidation unit combinations. I do understand that. However, we do believe it has to be possible to maintain that hierarchy time dependent, to avoid these status changes in prior periods.

Do you have any advice?

regards, Clemens

I do not need any time-dependent attributes, hence I do not use that DSO.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default for most BCS-related cons unit hierarchies is time-dependent. Unless you changed this it should be time-dependent.

I am not aware of the DSO you refer to. Please clarify this with more details.

As the cons unit hierarchies and the matrix assignments are normally time dependent. When the combination is relevant is according to the period/year for which the parameters are set to when the change is made.

former_member194418
Participant
0 Kudos

Dan, thx for your (almost immidiate) reply...

We have legal entity. Legal company is one dimension in matrix scenario. InfoObject is time and version dependent. Same for the second axis, so in our case profit center.

These to individual hierarchies work perfectly.

However, I refer to something slightly different. I refer to "combination of consolidation units", there you get 3 tabs. in the thrid tab you can mark which combinations are active. That very "function" is neither time nor version dependent.

The DSO I was referring to is found under:

Data Basis --> Data Model --> Characters of Role Consolidation unit, there the second and third field.

I believe that DSO functionality is not needed, I do not want any attribute (e.g. the name of the line manager responsible for a legal entitity / profit center combination).

Clemens

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I do not have access to a system with matrix configuration and am going on recollection.

I do not recall a DSO as you mention, so we probably did not use that either.

It is my recollection that the matrix assignments between company and profit center were time-dependent, but I may be incorrect.

Have you considered executing the monitor from the Profit Center view as opposed to the Company view? This seemed to work well for me where the matrix was implemented.

Edited by: Dan Sullivan on May 10, 2010 2:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clemans

when you add combinations of Company/Profit Centre to the combinations table - ensure you set date of first consol as the period you are adding the profit centres onto the hierarchy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

I also do not remember such DSO.

Which is its tech name?

Is it marked as a datastream in the data basis?

former_member194418
Participant
0 Kudos

Have opened an OSS. Keep you posted.

former_member194418
Participant
0 Kudos

Got answer from SAP.

That is standard system behavior.

I think this implementation is not really good. First, it is not documented. Second, a profit center hierarchy in SAP ERP (PCA, New GL) is time dependent. So I would assume that the equivalent functionality in SEM-BCS is time dependent as well.

If you add a new profit center to your hierarchy than it is standard

system behavior that it has an initial status in the monitor also in

the past, which leads to the incomplete status on company level.

I do not see there any evidence for a program error, but the standard

system behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

equivalent functionality in SEM-BCS is time dependent

not sure what equivalent really means, OLAP and OLTP are different architectures and serve different objectives, so even if from business point of view we are talking about the same function (eg display balance) it's done entirely different in SAP_APPL than in SEM-BW.

Answers (0)