Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS Items - period specific setting??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exports,

We have requirement which is version dependent;

In a version we have 24 FS Itmes used, Now our client want to make 10 FS Items Quarterly submission & the remaining 14 FS Items Monthly. And we use "flexi upload" to upload the transaction data in to BCS. We use "Delete all" Method & Cumulative values will be uploaded into system.

When we upload cumulative data for 14 monthly FS Items; The other 10 FS Items(Quarterly) Values are getting negated to Zero.

This is specific to project but what I am looking at is "Is there any setting which can make an FS Items Period specific"

Please let me know if any clarification or information required.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

kamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

You want to load 10 items for quartely closing and 14 items for monthly closing.

I would suggest the following:

You need 2 flexible upload methods (each method is assigned to the same task depending on the consolidation frequency).

In each method, you define in the target selection with your 10 or 14 items.

This target selection delimits the records to "negate" to zero when you do "delete all" upload.

The target selection tab is only available if your flexible upload method is defined with an external field catalog (which makes its definition more complex...but more flexible!).

Hope this helps!

Grégoire

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is to change the method from cumulative to periodic. This will ensure the values are simply updated only and nothing changes to previous period activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Yes I agree with you we can change the upload from cumulative to periodic but.. customer don't want to change the normal method. & we gave one more work around of using "Overwrite" rather "Delete All".. It was also not agreed.

Currently we are looking for different options. Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm inviting another EXPORTS to answer this question. ))

For me - it's not a question abt period specific - it's a company specific question - the result of your task execution strongly depends on the place in the MON companies hierarchy where you ran the task. -- Data upload made on the top of the companies hierarchy may reverse the balances of companies for which you didn't provide the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene Khusainov ,

I am very much happy to see your inputs on this;

I doubt its a question of company but i am sure its question of FS Item,... currently we have this problem in our system.

Untill Q1(03) period all 24 FS Items were getting data upload, but from period 4 only 14 Fs Items (Monthly) are getting uploaded as we always upload cumulative values with Delete all method, now Quarterly FS Item's Cumulative values are getting negated so that the over all cumulative value is "Zero". So we are doing seletive data deletion as work around.

Please help me fixing this issue.

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Kamal.

It might be FSI specific. Though, I doubt it.

So, I'm repeating my thought:

Running the data upload on the top of the companies hierarchy will lead to the following:

- the amounts will be added (delta-load) for the companies for which data is supplied.

- all data will be reversed for the companies for which were not data at all.

Is it you case?

Try to upload data on the specific company in the monitor companies hierarchy. And see the difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Eugene Khusainov.

I compleately agree with the point if we upload data at top level of the hierarchy we get this nagated effect.

But in my case its with FS items.

I did run at last node level.. mean company level not Cons Group level. The data is getting nagated for the FS Items (Quarterly ones) specific to same company.

Please give your views.

Thanks

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal,

The system stores the data periodically.

In the previous period you upload 14 + 10 items (let's say X).

In the current period you provided balances for 14 FSI plus ZERO balances for another 10 items.

Ths system did a calculation for the last 10 items:

0 ( the balance for the reporting period) - X = ( the balance for the previous period) = -X.

The result is ZERO for all your 10 items.

Provide balances for all 24 items. Recall that it's YTD load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right option Eugene Khusainov.,.

Yes we have asked users for full upload.. but business is concerned about the wrong data & user burden.

Wrong data we are making a validation to control.

But I am thinking.. is it the last option.. we can not have any FS Items setting which can make it periodic in an version.. is it..??

Sorry to trouble you.. but I am just understanding the limitation of the system..

Thanks

Kamal