Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed pegging in set horizon and dynamic pegging outside horizon

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

Can we have two pegging strategies  for the same material ? We want to have fixed pegging in set time  horizon and dynamic pegging outside the horizon

Regards

Kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

which engines are you using for planning?

regards, Peter

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I am sorry, can you please elaborate what do you mean by engine ?  Do you mean which all heuristics am using for planning run ?

Regards

Kaushik

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not about the specific heuristic but more about the planning process and the used engines.

So do you use SNP with heuristics or CTM?

Do you use PP/DS?

Do you use an optimizer?

regards, Peter

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying.

We are using gATP with CTP to trigger PP/DS .  We are not using any optimizer and only heuristics for production planning .

SNP - Not implemented as there is no business requirement

gATP  - Yes with CTP

PP/DS  - Yes without optimizer

Regards

Kaushik

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I know about CTP but I never focussed on the pegging situation created by CTP. However I strongly assume that CTP creates fixed pegging between demand and supply across all MRP levels.

This means that fixed pegging will be created for all CTP planned orders irrespective of any time horizon.

In order to achieve your desired end state, I would create a nightly "afterburner" process (e.g. via custom heuristic or an ABAP report) which reads the I/O nodes of the pegging and changes dynamic into fixed within a specific horizon and vice versa outside of it.

regards Peter

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for coming late Peter . Thanks for your reply.

I am decided for a similar approach  - a nightly batch job to delete the fixed pegging  (running standard delete fixed pegging heuristics) in time horizon outside say 2 weeks (using time profile).

In absence of standard functionality to achieve it ,you see any prospective cons in this approach ?

Regards

Kaushik

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

I do not see any downside except the additional batch job and runtime.

We applied the same process in one of my former projects and it worked perfectly. I would only monitor and check the successful and complete deletion of the fixed pegging relationsships at the beginning. Sometimes it gets hampered because of inconsistencies in LC.

regards Peter

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter for your confirmation.

Cheers

Kaushik

Answers (0)