cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend MRP Controller for material procedure.

former_member438068
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to make configuration change where i want extend 2 MRP Controller for certain material in ECC system. What are the things to be checked prior to maintaining the same. Is their something to be checked from APO end. What does that signify.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gurucharanscm
Contributor

MRP Controller is usually assigned as Production Planner in APO - this is used as a product identifier or which stage/line of production the product is planned at the factory. The significance of this field differs from client to client. - you may have to ask your business team on this.

When you say you want to assign two MRP controllers for a product - they are differed by locations, right? If that's the case, you don't have to consider anything from APO, you may just go ahead and maintain MRP Controller as ABC for PROD1 at L1 and MRP Controller as XYZ for PROD1 at L2.

Thanks,

Regards - Guru

former_member438068
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok as part of maintaing SAP config in for MRP controller.

In spro path -> SAP Reference IMG ->PRODUCTION > MATERIAL REQUIREMENT PLANNING > MASTER DATA > DEFINE > MRP CONTROLLER

But before that we check with APO TEAM whether MRP controller is available as SNP planner code in SNP system for plant and MRP controller combination . Can you please help me understand this.

Regards,

Anup

gurucharanscm
Contributor

Hi Anup - You may go ahead maintain the MRP controller in the customizing without any issues.

FYI, MRP controller comes as SNP/Production planner in APO. This is based on how your system is designed. Please login to APO, go to transaction /N/SAPAPO/MAT1, load the product and plant and click Display. Go to the first tab 'Administrator' and check if your MRP controller is shown as SNP planner or Production Planner. Accordingly you will know to which field the MRP controller is tagged.

Thanks,

former_member438068
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for your answer guru that was really helpful.

Answers (0)