Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM - Limit number of HUs in bin

Private_Member_324719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask your help on setting up a limit of 2 pallets in a fixed bin.

I have done the following config:

1 - Capacity check in st.type (2) - Key figure pack.material sttype.jpg

2 - Assign capacity 1 to pack.material in mm02 pallet.jpg

3 - At bin level, insert maximum capacity 2. bin.jpg

Still system allows more than two pallets in this bin. Am i missing something?

Also i see a strange behavior. If i transfer a pallet to this bin, the field 'Capacity Usage' in the bin is not updated (remains 0). If i manually change the maximum capacity to 4 (for ex), the capacity usage is updated to 2...capusage.jpg

himanshunaik
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi João,

I understood that you are trying to restrict number of HUs by checking capacity of packaging material of HUs with the capacity limit set in storage bin master. Is there any alternate way to restrict number of HUs per bin?

Himanshu Naik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member543347
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi João,

Did you check the capacity utilization in your HUs? Changing the capacity utilization in the material master of the packaging material does not update already existing HUs. So HUs need to be created after setting a capacity utilization in materdata.

Otherwise you can always check correction report ZRECALCULATE_CAPA (note 1532672) to update capacity in both bin and HUs.

Private_Member_324719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Thank you for your return. In fact it also works if i change manually the fields 'Tare Cap.' and 'Total Capacity' to 1 in PACK, for already existing HUs.

Thank you,

João

thys_m
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Are you sure the report takes into account the updated capacity consumption of the packaging material master data? I have a similar situation where I would like to update existing HUs that don't have a capacity yet, but I'm not able to achieve this with the report so I'm currently leaning towards a custom development to update the HU capacity consumption based on the packaging material master data.

Thanks,

Maarten

former_member543347
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

I checked and indeed ZRECALCULATE_CAPA is not recalculating when the capacity utilization of the packaging material is changed in the material master. We have however a modified version. Please find the code in case you want to use it or have it used by your ABAP team. The insertion is needed at line ~340. I copy for context 2 lines before and 2 lines after the insertion.

* add tare capa to gross capa for this handling unit
IF gp_bino = abap_false AND NOT <s_huhdr>-vhi = 'E'.
" Lopez_J - difference from ZRECALCULATE_CAPA
data: lv_meins type /sapapo/meins.
data: lv_matid type /sapapo/matid.
data: lv_capa type /scwm/de_tcapa.
CALL FUNCTION 'GUID_CONVERT'
EXPORTING
iv_guid_x16 = <s_huhdr>-pmat_guid
IMPORTING
ev_guid_c22 = lv_matid
EXCEPTIONS
parameters_error = 0
others = 0.
if lv_matid is not initial.
select meins from /sapapo/matkey up to 1 rows into lv_meins where matid = lv_matid. endselect.
if lv_meins is not initial.
select capause from /sapapo/marm up to 1 rows into <s_huhdr>-t_capa where matid = lv_matid and meinh = lv_meins. endselect.
loop at gt_huitm assigning <s_huitm> where guid_parent = <s_huhdr>-guid_hu and vsi = wmegc_vsi_phm.

CALL FUNCTION 'GUID_CONVERT'
EXPORTING
iv_guid_x16 = <s_huitm>-matid
IMPORTING
ev_guid_c22 = lv_matid
EXCEPTIONS
parameters_error = 0
others = 0.
if lv_matid is not initial.
select meins from /sapapo/matkey up to 1 rows into lv_meins where matid = lv_matid. endselect.
if lv_meins is not initial.
select capause from /sapapo/marm up to 1 rows into lv_capa where matid = lv_matid and meinh = lv_meins. endselect.
lv_capa = <s_huitm>-quan * lv_capa.
<s_huhdr>-t_capa = <s_huhdr>-t_capa + lv_capa.
endif.
endif.
endloop.
endif.
endif.
" Lopez_J - difference from ZRECALCULATE_CAPA - End
<s_huhdr>-g_weight = <s_huhdr>-g_weight + <s_huhdr>-t_weight.
<s_huhdr>-g_volume = <s_huhdr>-g_volume + <s_huhdr>-t_volume.

Answers (0)