cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between PORDCR102 and RSMIPROACT programs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

could you let me know what is the difference between program PORDCR102 and RSMIPROACT? In which scenario are they used?

Thank you in advance.

Gio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PORDCE102 is not a program but basic message type and it is use in Purchase order collaboration scenario.

RSMiPROACT program is use to send demand and stock to SNC via PI(IDoc>> PI >>XML>>SNC)see the below help link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/a9/f947823894450badb9b160c1fdbd7b/content.htm

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

sorry but with the copy&paste I have made a mistake. What I meant was the difference between RSMIPROACT and RWVMIPAD. I know they are used in two different scenarios (SNC and EDI) but I am not sure whether they produce the same output.

Could you help me out with this?

Thank you,

Gio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gio,

What is your requirement ?

If you want to send data(demand/consignment stock/Own stock or both/Goods receipts) to SNC then use RSMIPROACT or RSMIPROACT2.

Whereas RWVMIPAD is use for EDI without any restriction of material or MRP type or storage location.

Output of the RSMIPROACT and RMWVMIPAD will be PROACT IDoc only.

Regards,

Nikhil

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

basically they are currently using RSMIPROACT to send out idocs to PI where they are mapped and sent directly to the vendor. In other words, they are not using SNC but they are using the RSMIPROACT functionality to send out idocs.

The thing is that they would like to improve the process flow and go back to standard, where possible. To do so, they are asking to get a better understanding about RSMIPROACT which we need to document very well (what is the selection logic and how it changes when modifying the input parameters).

They are also asking to compare RSMIPROACT with RWVMIPAD and to what extend they differ.

Are they supposed to provide the same output, one for EDI and one for SNC?

Which program would you suggest to send data to PI, convert it into a specific format and send it to the vendor? Would you still use RSMIPROACT or would you switch to RWVMIPAD?

Please, let me know.

I can also provide you with my e-mail address to have a little talk about it.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

could you please help me out with this issue?

Thank you.

Gio