cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data collection task in Update mode is not posible with Original list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

When I try to Execute the Task for data collection in sa38.I am getting the Error with in 9 sec.

UPDATE MODE IS NO POSSIBLE WITH ORIGINAL LIST

Message No. UCS0111

Diagnosis :

If you select the indicator"original list"the current task status is ignored.In this case,the system simulates a task run in with all of the organisational units are not yet blocked.Thus,setting this indicator is meaningful and valid only if the task is executed in test mode at tthe same time.

procedure : select the original list & Test run together.

My problem is I can not select the Test run in production server.

Can any one please help me to solve the Issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We applied OSS Note 884653,Note 655544.to resolve the issues .Now we ran the task successfully .

and for the original list ,it has to be selected along with test run.

Inverse mapping is due to lack of data in BW.

Thank u very much for responding to me

I will get u some more details ,if any one want on this issue.

Personal Thanks to Eugene,Dan,Christopher,Lucio and all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Initially I took the Contant(USD) for the mapping ,with checking the " Input conversion".Then I tried all possible mapping rules to over come the error message.

But still Iam getting the same error mesaage"Source selection is empty due to inverse mapping".

Diagnosis says--'A mapping rule is defined in the method.Before reading the source data,the system maps the data inversely to derive the sourse selection from the target selection.How ever,the resulting source selection is empty.This is often caused by the use of unsuitable mapping rules.'

Is there any thing to do from BW side to clear this error.

Thank u all,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I'm afraid that you can do nothing from BW side.

It's for sure, the wrong mapping for GC.

Did you try the constant (USD) mapping WITHOUT any restrictions, without "Input conversion"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thank u for support and help.

Yes I tried all the possible selections for GC.

I Move rule with constant (USD) and with out any restictions(No Input Conversion,NoConv.Exit).Even then I am getting the Same Error massage.

One of my friend said that is due to ABAP Error,and he asked me to take the Help of ABAP programmer.

Can u please Guide me .

Thanks & Regards,

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've mapped with a fixed 'UDS' value in the group currency key field and never received an error. I do get the warning you mentioned in the first post, but never an error.

What if you remove the Group Currency and Group Currency Key mapping all together? This might help you narrow down exactly which field is causing a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Dan Sullivan ,I Executed the task in the UCMON ,now Iam getting a new Error message.Like

W- Cannot derive the source selection from the target field

Group Crrency.

E- Source selection is empty due to inverse mapping .

I- No Data has been read from the source data stream.

I changed the mapping of the Group Currency and executed the task.Even then Iam getting the same above Error.

I took the Move operator as Fixed.

Hi Egene,

I used the T.code SU53 ,but I found No Authorization issue.

It is clear.I think no problem in Authorization.

Please any one help me to sove the Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WIth this error it's really not the security issue.

I recall that met this error already.

As you already understood, I guess, the system messages are to be read as:

The system starts the mapping from the target. Using the mapping rule it tries to determine the source. In case of GC it found the source empty.

So, possible reasons:

1. Wrong mapping for GC.

2. The GC key coming from the source doesn't correspond with the GC key selected in global parameters of the session.

Attempt to evaluate if any of these reasons is valid.

If you will still get the error, replace the mapping for GC to MOVE Constant equal to the GC in global parameters. If in this case the upload is OK, then the main culprit is the wrong mapping for GC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Thank you all for Responding to me.

Hi Dan,

SA38 provides all the needed parameters- Con.Group,Company,Version,Fis.Year,Period,Group currency.

Iam trying to run the task with SA38 for Data Collection.

Hi Lucio,

When I Check the Fields Both the Log & Original list . The programe gives an error message "UPDATE MODE IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH ORIGINAL LIST"

Even when I tried with Log,Test Run & Original List Iam getting the Same error Message "UPDATE MODE IS NOT POSSIBLE WITH ORIGINAL LIST"

I can run the task Successfully with selecting the Log option only. But my Client need to Use both Log & Original list ( as they used to run in BIW 3.5 ) Now it we are using BI 7.

Hi Christopher,

We are running the programe UCBATCH01,with the T code SA38.

Hi Eugene,

I will look in to the link and i will Discuss with the Basis team.

Once again Thank you all for responding

Suraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is caused because you chose the option "original list" try to execute the program but now chose the option "test run" and "original list" at the same time

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like a security issue. Why can you run in test mode on production? And why are you trying to use the original list?

When you say you are running through SE38, do you mean through program UCBATCH00?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check authorization with Tcode SU53 after you execute the program for task.

or direct in menu-system-utilities-display authorization check and it display objects of authorization for your USER

I hope you help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be a security restriction.

See, for example, here:

http://sap-basis-security.blogspot.com/2008/05/difference-between-sa38-and-se38.html

You'd better ask your sysadmin if the restrictions are really imposed.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens when you execute this in the monitor or workbench?

I've never tries using SA38 for data collection, only the monitor or workbench.

It may be that using SA38 transaction code does not provide the needed parameters - version, cons group, period year, etc.