cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency translation in UCMON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have typical issue in currency revaluation in BCS. While running the currency translation in UCMON for some of entities we found abnormal figures in the gain/loss. After further analysis we found out that the amount in Retained earnings-previous year a/c is getting added up everytime when we run the translation.

This amount is showing under accoung Currency translation adjustment which is hampering the financials.

We have cheked the CT methods & consol.unit settings which seems to be fine. We also ran the balances c/f.

any clue from gurus on what might went wrong?

regds,

sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is that the method includes this account to be translated cumulatively. This account (and possibly others similar to it) should not be translated and should be included in the method separately for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. Infact, this is happening only certain profit center/consol. units and for other it is working fine. Any clues?

regds

krishna sai

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share the translation method settings for this account (Retained Earnings previous years)? That may help us to help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Below are the details.

Step : Invest&Equity

Source Key fig : /1FB/CS_TRN_LC Period value LC

crcy Transl. key : 20 No modification of target key fig

exch. rate determination : 02 exch rate ind 1 Current rate

Single selection : I have the specific items including retained earning - py

Differences : Debit & credit mapped to exchange gain/loss a/c

Hope I gave all details.

thanx for your help