cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of hierarchy data is necessary Message no. UGMD327

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our BW and BCS hierarchy for 0CS_ITEM both are time independent and version independent.

When I am trying to add a new item under a hierarchy node from UCWB transaction it is showing error.

Conversion of hierarchy data is necessary

Error Details:

The settings regarding version or time dependency of hierarchies for characteristic /1FB/CS_ITEM have been changed. Old data still exists that does not correspond to the new settings. This old data must either be converted or deleted.

You are unable to save your entries

Procedure for system Admin:

Convert the hierarchy data of characteristic /1FB/CS_ITEM using report UGMD_CONV_HRY_STORAGE.

Can anyone please help me with that.

* 1 .Previously we were able to do it . The our requirement was to do it in production. So we created one abap program in BW to update the BW hierarchy first. The ABAP program will create the new file with new cs_item and existing account and upload via flat file.

2.   we tried with UGMDSY20 and UGMD_BATCH_SYNC to update BCS hierarchy. But did not worked properly.( I was not sure about the the input paramenter).May be this program works only for the hierarchy when it is version dependent( Am i wrong?)

3.   we tried to use UGMDSYNC program to select from the list and press synchronize .

It worked for the first time. But some how it is not working now. Even We are not able to insert  from ucwb also.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sourav kanjilal

View Entire Topic
dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you not able to use UCWB for this?

UCWB is the SAP best practice for such master data maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Thanks. Actually I used to do it in the same process-- from ucwb- create manually new cs_item a--save in a transport request . It automatically sync the BW hierarchy, But it takes 3 to 4 day to move in production.

The client wanted to do it directly-- with out any transport request.

So I 1st update the BW hierarchy from info package and the tries  UGMDSY20 & UGMDSYNC.

Somehow, may be due to any mistake-- the process of manual creation of item is ot working When I am trying to save the new cs_item it is showing the error message i mentioned earlier.

Conversion of hierarchy data is necessary

Error Details:

The settings regarding version or time dependency of hierarchies for characteristic /1FB/CS_ITEM have been changed. Old data still exists that does not correspond to the new settings. This old data must either be converted or deleted.

You are unable to save your entries

Procedure for system Admin:

Convert the hierarchy data of characteristic /1FB/CS_ITEM using reportUGMD_CONV_HRY_STORAGE.

One more question:  How can I find the application area in BCS? WHere it is maintained? Is it same as the consolidation are???

Thanks for your help.

Sourav

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is suggested the master data in such cases be maintained directly in production. For more information regarding how to accomplish this see the attached thread.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/415764