We have a requirement of consolidation in multiple group currencies in our SEM-BCS (BW based) system.
Our main group currency is USD which has been defined as group currency in ECC for all companies.
And we have been doing consolidation in USD for some years now.
Now there is addtional requirement of doing the consolidation (IU eliminations etc) for our Australian group (a subgroup of our main hierarchy) companies in AUD. All of the Australian companies currently have AUD as Local Currency and USD as their group currency (Which is needed to do the overall consolidation in USD).
What is the best way to consolidate the Australian piece in AUD?
Since we have the AUD values already stored in Local currency, can we some way use those to do the consolidation in AUD? May be something like copying those LC values to a new Group Currency (AUD) with no translation or translation at 1:1 ratio.
Please give you suggestions ASAP.
The steps I suggest are:
1. Possibly create a separate version for the AUD GC consolidation
2. If separate version, create special version for different task hierarchy for AUD version
3. Create copy method to copy source values from GC USD to target values to GC AUD
4. Create copy task and assign copy method from above step
5. If separate versions, create AUD task hierarchy to include copy task as well as all consolidation eliminations and COI tasks
6. If no separate version, add copy task to existing task hierarchy (it will only be relevant for GC AUD)
7. The AUD consolidation must only be executed for the AUD node of the hierarchy so if a separate version is implemented for this it may be best to create a separate hierarchy for this with that same node (to avoid duplicate maintenance).
There are likely a few details Iu2019ve forgotten about, but this is a brief roadmap for what you need.