cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to generate the quarterly P&L reports in BCS. A single reports has to give following.

Current year QTD./last year QTD

Current Year YTD/last year YTD.

For example for Q2 results of this year , need to show the results for 4/5/6 months and 1 -6 MONTHS also.

Is it possible from C11 cube, becuase C11 cube has only month(0FISCPER3) and there is no quarters.

Regards,

Stepanie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I add the 0CALQUARTER in the BCS cube C11 and regerate the data basis, will it help to generate the the quarterly figures? or will it cause issue because of the change to the standard BCS cube?

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

Stepanie,

here is another solution that we implemented:

We used the 0P_PER3 variable to get the period needed, and we created an exit variable called Z_POST_PER_QTD. In my reports, For the period value I include both 0P_PER3 and Z_POST_PER_QTD variables in restriction. For the YTD I use a range: from 00 to 0P_PER3.

At some point we will be creating an extra characteristic for the report frequency that would have MTD/QTD/YTD, and at that point the code will change.

Below is the ABAP code for Z_POST_PER_QTD:

-

• DERIVE THE QUARTER BASED UPON THE PERIOD THE USER SELECTS IN VARIABLE 0P_FPER3

• CHOOSE THE FIRST PERIOD OF THE QUARTER BASED UPON THE MONTH SELECTED AND USE THE

• MONTH THE USER ENTERS AS THE HIGH MONTH TO DISPLAY QTD

WHEN 'Z_POST_PER_QTD'.

LOOP AT i_t_var_range INTO loc_var_range

WHERE VNAM = '0P_PER3'.

ENDLOOP.

pperiod = loc_var_range-low.

l_s_range-sign = 'I'.

l_s_range-opt = 'BT'.

IF PPERIOD <= 004.

l_s_range-low = '001'.

l_s_range-high = PPERIOD.

ELSEIF PPERIOD <= '007'.

l_s_range-low = '004'.

ELSEIF PPERIOD <= '010'.

l_s_range-low = '007'.

ELSE.

l_s_range-low = '010'.

ENDIF.

append l_s_range to e_t_range.

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

I have faced the similar situation. There are 3 alternative approach solution for this:

One is to go for exit program, derive the quarterly value on the basis of user inputs.Use this exit in the report variable

Second is to explore the option of inserting 0CALQUATER in the cube. In this case, if you are inserting the value when the data is already in the cube, then you may have reload the data ...check this part... but in this case again you may have to use the exit program.

Third is to go creating multiple variable in the report, where user has to input, the respective value.

I think the first option, mentioned will be ideal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To derive the previous year, you can use the offset in the year variable also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani/Panvel

Thank you so much for the information.