cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS data retraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consolidated data which is available in the totals cube need to be sent to another basic cube with all the consolidation logic properties. Is there any white paper or can somebody guide me where I can find the document link.

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mani,

Check the SAP Service Marketplace > SAP ERP > ERP Analytics > SAP SEM > Business Consolidation > Media Library > How Tos.

There are a few papers regarding setting up a SEM BCS datamart in BW. This datamart technique applies all of the consolidations logic during the population of the datamart infocube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Just was bit concerned , how the intercompany logic will get interpreted if we report from basic cube.

Also how the hierarchy values will be read if reporting from basic cube..

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using the basic cube bypasses the intercompany logic because that logic is only applied via the BCS virtual cube.

Also, we used XI instead of retraction to post certain BCS records back to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

The data from BCS cube can be sent to another basic cube using normal data mart capabilities and you can also create transformation rules to intepret the intercompany logic , though it will be involved process.

The Hierarchy values are also stored in the respective info objects and if needed ths same hierarchies can also be created and assign the hierarchies in the report.

The virtual cube and the repoting cube including the multicube for reporting should be leveraged before you start copying the data to another cube.

Thanks

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Let me get back to you about retraction vs XI.

Do you have any "how to" materials to post records from BCS to ECC ?

thank you for your help.

MCA

Answers (0)