cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO relation with BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How is APO, BI and R3 integrated. I am interested in the data flow.

How you move data from BI to APO and back.

Secondly, i want to know about datasource 0APO_PPDS_ORDER_01. Is it in bi or apo?

Also how livecache comes into the picture in this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Bi/BW is used for reportimg purpose.Its is used to store the data from r/3 and as well as from APO.

2.Data can be taken into BI/BW from APO by creating data source for that particular planning area.

Then u create transformations and DTP process to transfer data from source to destination.

Infopackage is also created which is used as data containers for the transfer process.

3.LiveCache is a temporary storage area for the SCM system where the data can used while planning.

4.So u can transfer data from APO Live cache to External BI/BW infocubes.

5.Before transfer of data 1st we need to take care whether the infocube created has all the infoobjects that are used in POS of APO.

6.APO has a internal BI/BW where u can transfer the data from internal APO infocube to external...U can pass data for a single keyfigure or multiple keyfigures...For that u need data extractors in BI/BW.

7.APO and R/3 data can be passed using CIF integration model..

Former Member
0 Kudos

is Livecache available in APO or you are using APO-SCM interchangeably ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Live cache is a special sap db instance type used as a storage for object

oriented data.Live Cache is used in SAP APO system.And APO is part of SCM system.

It's a database containing master/transaction data, it has to be administered like any other database, eg: backup/restore, space management, etc.

Transaction LC10 is used to administer it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A DataSource is a set of fields that provide the data for a business unit for data transfer into BI. From a technical viewpoint, the DataSource is a set of logically-related fields that are provided to transfer data into BI in a flat structure (the extraction structure), or in multiple flat structures (for hierarchies).

0APO_PPDS_ORDER_01 is a datasource with set of fields for BI data management.

Livecache is the memory device inbuilt in APO system. As and when any transaction happens in SCM side, it picks up data and update data in a very speedy way. APO is component in SCM and SCM has various other components like, event management, SNC, extended warehouse management etc.,

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) BI binds the data of both R/3 and APO.

You can create infocubes/infoproviders in BI and then data will be stored for different systems and whenever need, you can extract it.

R/3 and APO are integrated via CIF (Core Interface)

BI is within APO as a package for data extraction.

2) The datasource mentioned is in BI that is part of APO.

3) Livecache is a specially designed memory device for storing SCM data which has got huge potential and capabilities.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

This is insightful but I am a little confused

>>>> 2) The datasource mentioned is in BI that is part of APO.

If this datasource 0APO_PPDS_ORDER_01 is part of the BW-APO single system, what is usally the Source system since this datasource should be also found there. Is it R3 ?

I am not exactly sure datasource 0APO_PPDS_ORDER_01, where is it found and whts it usualy source is ?

I hope I am making sense.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi , BI (used to be known as BW earlier) is mainly used for reporting purposes. The data from various systems such as R/3 , APO can be pulled to BW and in BW you can develop reports as per business requirements. The live cache data from APO can be dumped into BW info cubes and you can generate reports from the same. This is the concept at a very very broad level. To learn more about how to extract data and to get indepth understanding of various BW objects look into std SAP help.

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

I read that data is moved from ODS in BW system to APO system in a cube.

Then forecasting is done in APO and then data from the apo system is moved to a cube in BW.

I want to know exactly how data is moved: Datasource, infospokes ?

what role does datasource 0APO_PPDS_ORDER_01 play here.