Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert triggered with missing parameters- timing issue - WAIT for the alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EM experts,

I am experience something weird...

The scenario is as follows:

- A event message is sent to EM which contains also some parameters (info and control).

- when this message is recieved a alert is being transmitted.

What happens is that the alert is transmitted so quick that there was not enough time for the parameters to be saved in the data base. As result, those parameters are not populated on the alert.

In the rule set used, we have first the task 'PARAMETER_CHANGE' and after it the activity with contains the 'ALERT_CREATE'.

Is there any way to delay the transmission of the alert until the parameters are stored on the database?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Iñigo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Iñigo,

normally the I_EAI inteface should contain all parameters (also the changes which you have created with PARAMETER_CHANGE)  no matter if they are on the DB or just in the memory.

Did you map your parameter correctly to the alert category? What is happening if you reprocess the Event Message again  (Event Handler Overview -> Details) Does the alert then contain all parameters?

If not you might reprocess again and set a breakpoint in function module /SAPTRX/CREATE_ALERT on * Step 4: Get parameter values for this EH. Then please post the result here.

Best regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Berthold,

Thanks for your quick replay.

I have reprocessed the event message, the alert has been triggered again and now the parameters are there. This means, that they are correctly mapped on the alert.

This happens just in the first alert, when the message updates parameters and also trigger the alert.

Regards,

Iñigo

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Iñigo,

that is strange - did you also check in debugging modus when posting the event the first time? Are the parameters available?

Regards

Berthold