Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to stock is not working in EWM

former_member573898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In my warehouse, a bin can contain 6 handling units of one product with different batches.

I have set up a storage type with addition to stock/empty bin strategy as below:

Storage Behavior: General Storage

Putway Rules: 2

Mixed Storage: 2

Mixed Storage in HU: 1

However, when I create the WT, the system only determines the empty bins for my putaway WT.

Could anyone shows me what is wrong with the configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member573898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have found the cause. It is because I was trying to put away different batches of a product and this is not possible with strategy Add. to stock.

This strategy only sends more stock to an existing quant if the quant characteristics are the same. This is not the case because my batch number was different. The same goes for HU number.

One exception for this is the Bulk storage type. The system will put additional batches to the bin with existing stock if mixed storage is allowed.

More information, please refer note 2409948

So, in this case, I guess I'll change the putaway rule to 4 (general storage)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tri Le Bao ;

I changed putaway strategy to bulk storage. It seems ok without capacity check problems such a SAP did not sum Q4 and F2 pallet quantity.

Interesting, i ll check again then i may need a SAP Note to fix it.

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tri Le Bao and ATILAY CANERKEK,

Did you solve the problem ? I try to design shuttle storage. I get similiar problem that can not find semi-full bins and go to another bins when wt is created.

I also checked oss note , adviced change storage behaviour to bulk ! I ll try it.

Brgds

M.Ozgur Unal

former_member573898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

I changed the putaway strategy to 4 (general storage) and it worked fine.

I hope that the shuttle storage you are referring to is similar to the one in this video.

From my view, it is similar to a bulk structure with steel rack support. Depending on the requirement, you can use bulk or pallet strategy.

atilay1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tri Le Bao,

Could you check like this?

I think some areas are empty.

Best regards.

former_member573898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atilay,

The warehouse doesn't use rack systems to store materials.

We use HU just to print the label. So we create only one dummy packaging material for HU creation.

That limits the use of pallet storage.

They put stock on the floor and stack them but not like in bulk storage.

When I change the putaway rule to 4 (General Storage), the system works perfectly fine. Additional HUs are added to the partial qty bin.

This makes me think that the putaway strategy 2 (add. to stock) only works with unpacked stock.

In the SAP help, the configuration for add. to stock strategy requires Mixed Storage Ind 3 (only 1 HU per bin).