cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more buttons in RF Menu?

perlundh
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way of adding more than 6 buttons in the RF Menu without development? Meaning, somewhere in customizing/screen painter? I don't find an option like that.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Daniil
Active Contributor

Hi, you can do it by creating new dynpro and adding more buttons:

Menu is created dynamically, when you generate new display profile you need to have height of {menu_buttons}+2, so I did it with 10, and 8 menu buttons:

Submenu screen is 0014 /SCWM/SAPLRF_SSCR 0001 Menu - subscreen

for example button #8

BR,

Daniil

perlundh
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the directions!

I tested to copy an existing button in the screen painter and just changed the name to "number 7" as you indicated. It seems to work!

I get some error about length differs from dictionary so need to double check with a developer. Not a developer myself but I can see a lot of menu buttons actually exists in the dictionary so I guess this is what makes it work in the first place...

Daniil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you have in RF normal screen included in template screen, so if you haven't extended template screen it should be not enough space to display all content there are two lines on template screen, for the message and for the buttons (not sure here though)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NTeunckens
Active Contributor

Check the SAP-Wiki and search for "RF Cookbook". This documentation, delivered by SAP Development, will offer some information on how to extend the Applications / Screens ...

Kind regards

Nic T.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

not really an expert in that depth... but isn't the number of buttons defined for your display profile and the step (which is RFMENU I believe)?

The number of buttons is of course limited by the screen height. But I think when the display profile *2 was defined as alternative for **, that probably the menue screens were not adjusted, everything was just taken over as it was for these parts.

Not really sure how to work with the Screen Painter (no developer), but I managed to add a 7th button, but I don't know what else I would need to do to get this working.

I think it is possible.

"As per standard only 6 are allowed on one screen , you can use arrow to go to next page. "

Is that somewhere written?

Brgds

Juergen

---

All the above is no official SAP statement.

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Extended+Warehouse+Management-EWM+in+S4HANA

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

perlundh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, thanks for reply!

The number of buttons defined in Display Profile don't change the RFMENU. These buttons seems to be a bit special 🙂

Yeah, adding a physical button in Screen Painter is possible but I'm also not a developer so I don't understand the next step required. Maybe this would is the way to go but I was looking for something more config-based since so much other stuff is configurable.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the entry for number of buttons in the display profile - I believe this refers to the function buttons, not menu buttons.

Brgds

Juergen

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

perlundh

As per standard only 6 are allowed on one screen , you can use arrow to go to next page. ThanksRD