cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-hoc Handling Unit (HU) split in EWM?

0 Kudos

Suppose we have an HU pallet that is stored in a storage bin and it needs to be split into two or more HUs before we move them to another location in the warehouse such as scrap-zone, PSA, etc. How can we achieve this in EWM?

Ideally, should be able to perform this action using RFUI.

Sub-questions:

1. One possibility I can think of is an ad-hoc transfer of HU to pack station and then unpacking and repacking as required. Is this the right approach?
  2. Is it possible to use the 'deconsolidation' menu option in the RFUI to split HUs on an ad-hoc basis? (my understanding is that the deconsolidation is only for inbound processing and not for ad-hoc purposes)
  3. Is there any other simpler way? (if yes, is this be possible on the RF?)

Thanks for all the guidance! I appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge 🙂

Regards,
Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

meszarosb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you don't need to use HUs in the destination, then it is possible to use the Ad-hoc product warehouse task creation (with confirmation) RF transaction to move partial quantities of the HU. If you absolutely need to use HUs then you need to create new HUs, which you can only do in a work center, so your first point would be the right approach.

Also, splitting an HU at the source in an ad-hoc way doesn't really check out logically. How would you print out new HU-labels with barcodes, so the warehouse worker can actually move the HUs?

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Balint.

Yes, the first approach makes most sense. And it looks like you can do it on the RF as well, in the Outbound>Packing>Manually Repack Items menu option.

For the ad-hoc way, it might be possible in a scenario where mobile printers are in use at the warehouse. But the previous approach using work centers is more general and straightforward.

Answers (0)