cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from EBP 3.0 to SRM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are planning an upgrade from EBP 3.0 to SRM 4.0. I realize that this is quite a jump so i am wondering if anybody has any similar experiences with such a scenario? Any watchouts or learnings?

Our R/3 version is 4.6C and Support Pack 48 and the ITS version 6.10. sapgui is 6.20

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

First, there are modifications in the architecture with the internal ITS, and the CCM catalog.: Now all components can be installed on the same SAP server.

If you made specific ITS Flow logic services, they will not be supported by the internal ITS.

All the changes you've made to the standard SC transactions (BBPPU99, ..) will be lost in SRM 4.0, because all the programs and transactions have been changed.

In the new version you have a lot more BADIs, which means that you can avoid several standard changes made in EBP 3.0.

There are a lot of other points, and I'd be glad to help you with my experience through consulting if you need (see my BC to get my coordinates https://www.sdn.sap.com:443/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.businesscard.sdnbusinesscard?... ) .

Regards.

Vadim

Answers (0)